Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac + Trotec: Not communicating with VMWare/Parallels/Virtual Box

If it's connecting, it's working as expected. If it's not connecting, then "No response from engraver. Check if engraver is connected to the correct COM port and switched". You are probably correct regarding JC 11, I might have mixed that up. Anyway… I'll look into Ruby and the latest firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffen Heidemann View Post
    If it's connecting, it's working as expected. If it's not connecting, then "No response from engraver. Check if engraver is connected to the correct COM port and switched". You are probably correct regarding JC 11, I might have mixed that up. Anyway… I'll look into Ruby and the latest firmware update.
    Keep us posted. I suspect firmware seems the most logical, however id also make sure windows updates are to date and when things get real weird reboot the computer and trotec and at that point see what you got. Device manager should also be a good resource to see if it is really connected and just not talking to the software or not, look under USB (Universal Serial Bus).

All good and true, still I find it quite illogical (!) that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It definitely always connects to the PC/Parallels through USB (Universal Serial Bus), just not always to JC.

Nevermind, i forgot parallels. I have had many LAN and USB issues with parallels, that is a higher likelihood then anything else in my opinion. I run a mac both intel and apple processors and have Parallels 18 on both and while it works, its definitely not without some challenges. Depending on your preference of JC or Ruby, if using Ruby I would not recommend going the parallels method; I get it for Job Control. In my opinion Ruby is superior in almost every way to JC short of some weird specialty functions, firmware updates, and service info and settings. Its well worth the $100 to put a cheap windows on the back if using Ruby and it will speed up your production significantly.

I'll definitely look into it, probably purchasing an inexpensive PC. Report back in a couple of days/weeks. Thanks so far.

Quick add: running JC 10, not 9, of course.