Thread: Rethinking my Chisel Rack. (Video)

Rethinking my Chisel Rack. (Video)

Is this the correct video? Not a chisel rack to be seen.
    AKA - "The human termite"

It is one video in a series on building a chisel rack. My channel is basically a vlog. What you see is the building of the frame. The rest will follow.

Hi Mike, just a couple of observations, if you don't mind, from my average woodworking experience.

When you clamp a piece in your vise on one side or the other, put a spacer scrap near the same width of your work piece on the opposite side of the vise to keep it from racking...helps keep your vise in good working order.

Using the pull saw, try holding the handle in both hands with the end of the handle facing your chest. I have found using a pull saw centered to my body helps keep it sawing smoothly (and much better aligned square and straight). Also, if the saw is binding or becomes difficult (as it appears to do a few times in your video), it is likely that you are twisting it either sideways (top to bottom) or left to right...probably in an attempt to guide it. With any saw, I have come to know that any resistance is due to my alignment fault. It tells me to stop and check what I'm doing wrong. If I'm off the line, it's much better to restart, than try to force the saw back to the line.
    Last edited by Phil Mueller; 04-04-2018 at 2:04 PM.

Phil, thank you. Much appreciated.