Thread: Back to another Sears Craftsman Tool: The Shaper....

Back to another Sears Craftsman Tool: The Shaper....

Got my Dad's old Sears Craftsman shaper cleaned up. He bought that back in the mid 1980's I think. Runs great, but when I checked the Sears parts website, most of the parts are no longer made. What do you do when something like that breaks down , and needs to be repaired ? Are Grizzly parts interchangeable?

Sometimes, and I mean sometimes you get lucky and can find parts. If you look at the model number and cross reference with a list of companies who made Craftsman tools for Sears, you may be able to locate parts. I had done that on a belt sander from them that was made by Ryobi, Unfortunately, no parts available. I would check that route. You may get lucky as I said before.

Clarence, although your fathers Craftsman shaper has sentimental value, In my opinion it's pretty much useless as a shaper.

I'm not saying that to be mean, that shaper lacks the spindle size, motor power, table size and guards/accessories to be considered a modern shaper.

In addition it won't accept most shaper tooling as it's too large for that machine.

I would keep it as a keep sake, especially if you have some tooling profiles that are unique and you want to use to make some matching trim or profiles.........Regards, Rod.