Thread: Quotes of Love from Significant Other

Quotes of Love from Significant Other

The wife said today, "don't overexert yourself shoveling the snow. I don't want you to die. Lots of men your age are dying or having heart attacks shoveling snow." I guess that means she loves me....or at least wants me around a bit longer. What loving comments has your significant other made toward you?

Mine is always after me to watch what I eat, exercise, etc.
    She says, "If you die early, I'll never forgive you."

Uhhh. Okay.
    “Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”

Rich & Mike you are reading wayyyy too much into it - simply translated - "I don't want to need to pay someone to shovel snow and I sure don't want to do it myself" - and variations on the theme .

Of course my wife doesn't mince words - she says - "I love you - now go out there and make yourself useful".
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

“You’re not as funny as you think you are” is what She say’s to me most frequently. My reply “You knew that when you married me.” We’re at that pretty comfortable stage.

Mine says, “Remember, it’s a well known fact that no man has ever been shot while doing the dishes!”

She must really care!

From my neighbor's wife: "Make sure your life insurance is up to date before you climb on the roof, Jim."
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

"While you are resting, how about doing so and so." I can't be resting if I'm doing something.

"Thank you for fixing that for me. I guess I'll keep you around a little while longer."
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Blog Entries
    "If you're not handsome, ya gotta be handy." Actually she says I'm both, but lately reminds me a lot of the need to stay handy. Another is "I don't know what I am going to do with all these tools when you die." (Do you guys see a common theme here? They think about us dying a lot.) I always tell her, "Just don't sell them for what I told you I paid for them."

Blog Entries
    I am just thankful she doesn’t smother me in my sleep.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I got a lot more attention and compliments in the first 5 years of our relationship. Then all of a sudden she criticized me often. I asked her why, did some kind of switch flip in your brain? After all I'm the same guy doing and saying the same things. She said" I love and trust you enough now to know you won't leave if I tell you the truth". I said thank you, but could you please go back to loving and trusting me a little less?

We do say "I love you" to each other at least once a day most days. I'm grateful that even on the days when we argue, we get over it and the relationship is healthy.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    I am just thankful she doesn’t smother me in my sleep.
    LOL! I almost spit my coffee on this one!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.