Thread: Gast regenair wiring/cord connection

Gast regenair wiring/cord connection

I had to purchase a new pump after a rebuild would cost the same, if not more. The pump was never returned to me so I don't know how the 3 wire cord was connected to the pump. From the panel there is White (N) Green (GND) and Black (L1). Is this going to be as simple as matching colors or will some of the wires from the pump need to be tied together? Pump has Grounded green, white red & black tied together, yellow brown & blue on their own.
    20180114_124612.jpg 20180114_123808.jpg
    20180114_130133.jpg
    I appreciate any information.
    Last edited by Nick Murphy; 01-14-2018 at 1:03 PM.

Have you Googled “Gast Regenair ( your model) manual” ?

The manual doesn't quite spell it out for me enough
    Screenshot_20180114-140721.jpg

The info on the plate indicates that the pump can be wired for either 120 or 240 vac. I think that they refer to the 120 as LV (low voltage) and the 240 as HV (high voltage).

The pump appears to currently be wired for 240:
    L1 (stands for line 1) - Blu
    L2 (stands for line 2) - Yel
    Tied together and insulated: Blk, orange (the nameplate says org. but it looks red to me), and white
    orphan: (no connection but insulated): Brown

So, if you run this on 240 it is ready to go. You would take your black panel supply wire and connect it to L1 of the pump and the white panel supply wire and connect it to L2. Make sure that the grn wire from the supply gets connected to the pump ground. The panel supply ground wire should be green and gets tied to the pump green wire.

If you want to run this on 120, follow the info on the plate for LV or ask.

You didn’t show the plaque on the motor, but as stated above it’s likel 110/220.

if you plan to rn 110, then remove the marrett and connect as per the low voltage.
    then L1 goes to L1 on your board, L2 to N, Ground to G (there’s likely a screw inside the connection box on your motor.)

Must be 110, nothing in the panel makes be believe otherwise. Took Black L1 wire, twisted it with Blue L1. Took White N wire, twisted it with White & Yellow L2 wires. Took Green wire, twisted that with green ground in pump. Capped all other wires. Powered up, hear electrical wine coming from motor for a few seconds, click and it stops all noises. Repeats itself within a minute or two.
    20180114_201717.jpg
    Last edited by Nick Murphy; 01-14-2018 at 8:18 PM.

Nick, You might wish to check the connections. For either 120 or 240 the black and blue don't appear as if they are connected according to the pic of the connections.

Got it. Tied Brown black & orange together and up and running! Thanks guys!