Thread: ‘ Thé Pride of the Sioux ‘ life size bust

‘ Thé Pride of the Sioux ‘ life size bust

Hi Im new to this forum and I thought Id post a carving I did a few years ago. I was born and raised in Wyoming ( I now live in Australia ) and I always had a admiration for the native Sioux people of the Midwest. So when I started to carve as a hobby in 2005 it was on my must do carving list to carve a likeness of a Sioux chief one day. The bust is carved from one piece of Italian Stone Pine ( which I had never heard of until a local tree cutter called me and asked if I wanted it.) I carve with power tools, chainsaw, grinders then Dremels. The bust took 30 days to carve and color. Thanks for having a look. Regards Richard Yates Sculptor

Awesome work. Thanks for sharing

Hi Richard. Welcome to the Creek! Your work is magnificent! I sure hope you'll be posting more of it here!

Fred

Great piece, and aptly named. I think he "out prides" the marble Roman senators.

Hi Tom, Frederick and Mel. Thanks for the kind words. I will definately post more carvings on here. I might do a posting weekly. Regards Richard

Wonderful work, Richard.

I saw the baker carving first and almost requested more examples of your work in that post. Now here we are - again, great stuff and thanks for sharing Richard.
    David

OUTSTANDING work!!! Very well done! Thank you.
    Jerry

Very good, looks like you made the cover of Treeline catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by George Troy Hurlburt View Post
    Very good, looks like you made the cover of Treeline catalog.
    Hi Warren, David, Jerry and George. Thank you very much for your encouraging words!

George, I was very honoured that Brian Nish ( a truly nice gentleman ) of Treeline asked if they could use The Pride of the Sioux for their cover of their next catalog for 2018. That was a first for me and I still can’t believe it! Thank you again Brian. Regards Richard

Stunning! That's fantastic work.

Thank You for posting your work Richard. I'm sure any Sioux would be proud of that piece. It is stunning indeed.