Thread: Koudos to Jessem

Koudos to Jessem

I don't post a lot, but I think this one deserves it. I had a problem with my Jessem router lift. Called them to order what I thought was the part I needed. After speaking with Patty at Jessem she recommended a couple of other pieces I should replace if I were going to disassemble the lift. I was unsure exactly how to disassemble and Patty walked me through it over the phone. What great customer service. In today's age where customer service is almost nonexistent, and people are constantly bashing companies for their bad service, it was a nice experience with Jessem. They will be added to my list along with Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley for being a return customer because I now know that they will go above and beyond to satisfy their customer, even if they are only a hobbyist like myself. More companies should follow their examples.

Glad you had a great experience Robert. I hope you made a point to let her supervisor or someone with the company know about the great customer experience you had. I won't hesitate to let mgmt know if something is wrong. But by the same token I think we need to tell them when they get it right. I think I reach out far more to give kudos than I do to complain. That catching more bees with honey thing. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for letting us know this. I appreciate it!

Mike,
    I sent her a personal email last night thanking her. I called her this morning and asked to speak to her supervisor so I could tell him how good of a job she did. Just got an email back from her saying that "It made her day

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Maloney View Post
    Mike,
    I sent her a personal email last night thanking her. I called her this morning and asked to speak to her supervisor so I could tell him how good of a job she did. Just got an email back from her saying that "It made her day
    Good on ya! And I'll bet it made both their days.

Good job Robert. It doesn't surprise me that Jessem know how to treat their customers properly. They seem like a company that knows what they are doing.
    Steve

They seem to be one of a minority of companies that are run by woodworkers, rather than accountants. As soon as they get big enough, Black and Decker will buy their name.

I have always had excellent customer service from Jessem - even when they had a factory in Kentucky or Tennessee and had lots of quality control issues. They always made things right with me if there was a problem.

I must say, the Jessem 08350 Doweling jig is one of the most well made and well thought out tools I have.
    Sometimes you can tell when handling a tool that someone behind it is passionate about what they're doing and really cared. I've never had a reason to call Jessem for customer service, but I'm not surprised about your positive feedback.