Thread: Rojek bandsaws...?

Rojek bandsaws...?

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about Rojek bandsaws. All I know is they make good solid jointer/planers and shapers. Googled them and found squat. So anyone who knows anything feel free to chime in, Mike.

The large 640,740 etc look ACM to me. Their older small ones looked like the lighter ACM star series. The P480 I have no clue although it looks kind of Chinese- but I'm only guessing. Sourcing from China is becoming pretty common for Euro machinery now with little disclosure. The saw looks good and their is no reason if QC is good, that it won't be. Dave

David the one I found is a PP500M from 1999. Says it has a five horse motor 3 phase,looks like a baldor or some other north american motor,the switch is a square D so the electricals have probably been swapped out from original.Is Rojek stuff still being made ?For some reason I did not realize that. My only experience with Rojek was a machinery dealer from Calgary about 20 years ago tried to talk me into a shaper,wish I had bought it then. Mike.

Again only a guess but likely an ACM Star. A good machine, but a little light for resawing regularly. Dave

I am not familiar with their bandsaws, but their table saws and jointer/planers are very good. If the bandsaw is Italian made then it should be good to go.
    Edit: You should call the folks at TechMark, very good people, they could answer any questions you might have.

I have a Rojek Combination machine, owned it since 2001. Great machine and I have been really pleased with service which I need rarely.
    Last edited by john lawson; 01-11-2018 at 4:52 PM.

You would be able to tell its Italian, if it is, by the made in Italy plate on the back.
    Have only seen Rojek hydraulic briquette presses in the Axminster tools catalogue (UK), and never seen any other machine by them.
    Tom

I have 3 Rojek machines- 16” J/P, shaper, and a TS with a slider that I’ve had for over 10 years now. All have performed as expected with no significant issues. I bought them from Tech Mark in the US and they are still the dealer for Rojek. My salesman at the time didn’t have much good to say about the band saws (sorry, I don’t remember the details) so I went to Minimax for my band saw.