Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Corel

Help with Corel

Hi, just bought my first fiber laser 30watt from XTLaser with the EZCAD software. I have Corel 17 and was trying to create an object with a vector image pattern fill inside it...a repeating pattern..However, when i import to ezcad the only thing there is the outline, no inside pattern fill..I have searched various Corel forums and can't find the answer..Im new to graphic design software so pls forgive my ignorance.

If it's a vector, which consists solely of toolpath lines, you can paint fill closed areas in Corel for C02 engraving, but EZcad doesn't 'paint' fill, you must fill the closed area's with a hatch fill.

But if you're trying to have EZcad engrave it as a colored photo, then export it from Corel as a JPG rather than a DXF, then import into EZcad as an image

Word of caution about importing filled DXF's into EZcad- If you export the graphic with fill AND outlined, it will import into EZcad as TWO outlines. When this happens, you can't hatch fill because EZcad considers each line an outline AND an inline, so they cancel each other out. I did this inadvertently several times before I figured out I just need to export only the outlines and no fill
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Childers View Post
    Hi, just bought my first fiber laser 30watt from XTLaser with the EZCAD software. I have Corel 17 and was trying to create an object with a vector image pattern fill inside it...a repeating pattern..However, when i import to ezcad the only thing there is the outline, no inside pattern fill..I have searched various Corel forums and can't find the answer..Im new to graphic design software so pls forgive my ignorance.
    Try Searching here.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I'm not familiar with EZCAD but what file types does it accept for importing? Corel has a few types you can export to, so try some to see what works. You could also try selecting the artwork and pressing cntrl+k to break the fill pattern up before exporting, that sometimes fixes things for us.

New Help

I have 2 half's of a scroll saw pat that I can't seem to get rid of the half line when I put them together. I've tried everything I can think of ,guess I haven't thought of the correct way yet
    I've tried
    Virtual delete
    break apart
    weld
    join curves
    combine
    ungroup then delete tool

corel x9

any help would be appreciatedold man.cdrold man 2 x9.cdr
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 02-03-2018 at 1:24 PM. Reason: changed corel version
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert, can you color fill both halves of the pattern? If so then weld should work?
    If they won't fill then you either have open sections in the pattern, or nodes not connected (like DXF's are), either way you need to close the pattern(s), then they should weld.

If they'll paint and still not weld, not sure...

I can't open your cdr link, I use x4...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

i filled it but that line is still there and welded also uploaded in x9
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

It seemed to be a copy over a copy, Try this and its X6, may be improved but you will need to finish. I am in the middle or kind of doing a kitchen remodel!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Bill but I can't open 6 I have x5

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    It seemed to be a copy over a copy, Try this and its X6, may be improved but you will need to finish. I am in the middle or kind of doing a kitchen remodel!
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

old manB2.cdr Ok Version X4

Thanks Bill I was able to open that and I used the old man portion you did then I hand traced the board to cut it out of .
    Thanks again. I could not figure this out. But still there's got o be an easier way to get rid of that center line.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hi Bert,

I may be late to reply but here is a raster and vector of the "OLD MAN" file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Thanks Tony I'll check it out tomorrow kinda late tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    Hi Bert,

I may be late to reply but here is a raster and vector of the "OLD MAN" file.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Tony

How did you manage that?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike,

With a little time spent I use smart fill tool, move filled part away from original use shape tool and drag nodes of one side that needs to connect with the other and when overlapped weld them.
    Kind of easier to do than explain the process.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software