Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norm

Of all the tools in his shop, it's the Timesaver that I'd take in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Sanderson View Post
    I always had severe shop envy from Norm's shop - and I'd bet like a number of others here, I just wasn't satisfied until I had what I felt was it's equal. Of course the result of his projects were always nice too.
    The shop featured on NYWS was/is owned by the show's executive producer / director Russell Morash, not Norm. I believe the Victory Garden was filmed in his back yard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    The shop featured on NYWS was/is owned by the show's executive producer / director Russell Morash, not Norm. I believe the Victory Garden was filmed in his back yard as well.
    I think Morash had a lot more to do with the success of TOH & NYW than he's given credit for. The production quality was a step up from what was common on PBS at the time. They(Mr. & Mrs. Morash) retired in 2009 with the end of NYW according to this)

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I think Morash had a lot more to do with the success of TOH & NYW than he's given credit for. The production quality was a step up from what was common on PBS at the time. They(Mr. & Mrs. Morash) retired in 2009 with the end of NYW according to this)

I dearly love Norm and he was a great spokesman for the art but I think you at right that Morash really made the show. The look and feel, pace, and shots.

Well, the good news is: Norm made just about everything you could possibly make out of wood, so he had nothing left to give!

Blog Entries
    I think that it would be difficult to keep a show fresh for 25 years or more.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I think that it would be difficult to keep a show fresh for 25 years or more.
    Absolutely no doubt of that. Very few TV shows survive even a few seasons. There was little competition at the time for this hobby. I think it is safe to say NYW is the reason many other WW shows came into existence.