Thread: Suggested Books for newbie for Router and Bandsaw...

Suggested Books for newbie for Router and Bandsaw...

I am looking for a couple of good books that pertain to the router and the Bandsaw as these two tools are the most underused in my shop and would like to learn more.

For the Bandsaw I am interested in resawing and cutting circles, corners, tapers, etc. I currently have a Rikon 10-326 14 inch Bandsaw.

These are a few of the books I have on my list as possibilities,:

Routing for Beginners-Sec Edition by Anthony Baily
    Bill Hyltons Ultimate guide to the router table
    Tauntons Complete Illustrated guide to Routers

Normally I would hit the big bookstore and look, but the selection is not as good as it used to be years ago.

Thanks!

I bought Roland Johnson's book (Complete Illustrated Guide to Bandsaws) when it came out a couple years back. He writes for Fine Woodworking and I like his style. I enjoyed the book.

You can still buy used copies of Mark Duginske Bandsaw books too. Mark is one of the wizards of bandsaws.

Don't have a good router book (because mine is very underutilized too).

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

For the bandsaw, I agree about Mark Duginski's book. Look on Amazon for "The New Complete Guide to Band Saws". That's the updated version, and It helped me a lot. I'm fairly new to the bandsaw, and also own the Rikon 10-326.

Mark's books on BS have been reviewed as being top quality for many years now. Same for Bill Hylton's router books.
    David

I like Duginske's book - I have several different editions - and one by Lonnie Bird (both available on Amazon). Lonnie also has books on routers, shapers, and more.

I prefer to read more than one author to get different points of view.

JKJ

Hylton's Woodworking with the Router remains one of my favorite power tool woodworking books.

As far as router information, I haven't checked lately too see if his website is still up, but the late Pat Warner was a wealth of wisdom on routing.

RIP Pat.

As stated, Bill Hylton's books for the router, and Mark Duginske for the bandsaw. You can't go wrong with their books.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)