Thread: Forest Blades

Forest Blades

Hello, I am changing out my 12 inch chopsaw blade. I am taking off a Ridge Carbide Blade that has been well used and getting dull. I have two Forrest blades that have been recently sharpened. One is a Mitre Master and the other is a Chop Master. I am looking for clean 40 degree cuts in 2 inch maple and cherry. Any suggestions as to which blade would be better for this project. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Either. Use the higher tooth count for a cleaner cut. Use a fresh backer board for no tear out.

And keep the other blade. Have it sharpened and keep it around when you need to break down some rough stock or 2x materials.
    -Lud

Blog Entries
    I would make test cuts with both blades and see which one I preferred.
    I have a 10" Forrest Blade that I sent to them for sharpening one time.
    It does a flawless job.

With mitres one side of the saw is cutting with the grain and the other side is cutting against the grain. I use the fewest teeth that will cut without tearing the wood since that gives a better accuracy of angle than a too toothy tool.

Maybe I should add this is going on a Dewalt 718 sliding saw. I am sure either will be fine.
    Justin, I plan to keep the Ridge Carbide Blade and have it sharpened. Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to go with pretty much everyone else. Either will work. Make some test cuts and pick the one that you personally feel is best. Both are excellent quality blades that will do just fine.