Thread: EZCad Questions (Color Vector Importing)

EZCad Questions (Color Vector Importing)

I've been reading the EZCad 2.10 manual and I'm running EzCad 2.12.3. I'm in demo mode till DHL finds my machine and delivers it so maybe that's part of my problem.
    The manual has the following paragraph...
    ***The current supported vector file formats are: PLT;DXF;AI;DST; SVG; NC;BOT
    NOTE: If the vector files includes color information (when draw it by image software
    like CorelDraw, AutoCAD, Photoshop and so on), Ezcad can distinguish the color
    automatically. Then user can pick the object according to the color or pen (see Chapter 4.12)
    and set marking parameters (see Chapter 10.1 “color”, “pen&rdquo***

This leads me to believe that if I color a vector stroke RED in Illustrator that it will import as RED in EzCad. I've tried this with a number of different files from complex to a simple red square and blue circle but it only wants to import as black. I had one exception to that were my AI file had multiple layers that were hidden in AI but still imported in EzCad and some showed up in different colors. I can't find a common method to reproduce this. I typically make a secondary blank document to copy only the artwork I want before exporting. I'm saving in AI version 8 and I've also tried .DXF export with the same results.
    Has anyone got this to work?

My old 2.5.3 imports in black, blue and red, and I have no idea what causes each color. I don't think there's a way to group by color either.

for complicated graphics that I need separated, I do that in Corel first, by picking a set jog distance, say 100mm, and then move each individual entity I want separated that much, down, up, left, right, doesn't matter. When imported, I ungroup the batch, then group each entity and give it a unique color. Then I set the jog distance in EZcad to 100mm, and then all pieces will move right back where they belong...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle