Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EZCAD2 MFC Fails after 12/26/2017 Windows 10 Update

EZCAD2 MFC Fails after 12/26/2017 Windows 10 Update

I have always been a firm believer in small incremental updates. EZCAD2 2.12.0 did not like the latest 12/26/2017 Windows 10 update and I had to roll back to 12/25/2017. In short a message came back MFC failure, program closing.

Prior to the roll back I did check to see if there were any newer versions of EZCAD2, none were found at least on BJJCZ. I also used several different versions under Windows compatibility mode withing the shortcut, nothing worked but the roll back.

This may be nothing more than a USB driver issue.... but I did test to see if EZCAD was even communicating with the laser and it was. When I had the laser off, demo mode would start, but fail also.

So beware, if you have a big job coming up, you may want to hold off on an update until this is resolved.

-John
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

My old EZcad won't even run on Win8. I've downloaded an update once but it won't work with my Dongle- guess I should check with Triumph..
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Get yourself a Windows 7 computer, install your old EZCad and keep it off the internet and use it just as a control computer. When you loaded Windows 10 your system now will have updates whenever MS decides.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Since I got my fiber I've occasionally had that error show up. Since the update it did pop up a couple of times which is a bit more frequently, but did not keep me from using it. I have been using it a lot, but one thing I noticed that would cause it was using the undo more than a couple of times. It is almost a guarantee to error if I do that, but it is not recent.
    BTW, I don't think you can change versions and it work......
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

FWIW, the BJJCZ site says, "We noticed that after windows 10 1709 update, the old version ezcad2 will have "MFC STOP WORKING" error, to slove this problem please send your laser control board picture, company name, country name to us(technic@bjjcz.com) to get the update solution."
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Quote Originally Posted by John Noell View Post
    FWIW, the BJJCZ site says, "We noticed that after windows 10 1709 update, the old version ezcad2 will have "MFC STOP WORKING" error, to slove this problem please send your laser control board picture, company name, country name to us(technic@bjjcz.com) to get the update solution."
    http://en.bjjcz.com/zxdt_xx/newsId=270.html
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by John Kleiber View Post
    They just could not post the update, more ways for them to squeeze $$.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    They just could not post the update, more ways for them to squeeze $$.
    There are several different versions that work with specific hardware. You know that most people would not know what to download and would end up hosing their machine. Much easier to get it right the first time and keep people happy.

Blog Entries
    I've been running my fiber today for about 3 hours. Several different jobs with no issues at all.
    I've version 2.12.1
    If you have dropbox or something similar, I'll send you files if you want to try this version.

Bit large to just email a zip. 12 Mb compressed
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Finally got a chance to email bjjcz.com support with all my info and pic of controller board. Lets see how long it takes to get resolved.
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by John Kleiber View Post
    Finally got a chance to email bjjcz.com support with all my info and pic of controller board. Lets see how long it takes to get resolved.
    I've emailed them twice in the last two weeks and still haven't heard back.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

I received a response from tech support in about a days time. I have yet to perform a Windows update, but here are the steps I used to get it working;

1. Expand file into new directory separate from original.
    2. Made backup copy and edited EZCAD.CFG file with changes to LANGFILE and PLUGFILEX
    3. Created new desktop icon and new program path.
    4. When attempted program run, error unable to find MVCAPI.dll
    5. Copied MVCAPI.dll from original Ezcad2 to new Ezcad2 folder.
    6. Ran again and Ezcad2 opened.
    7. Made changes to System Parameter to match old version.
    8. Still need to review Param(F3) settings. I guess I will need to set it manually to match my original settings as opposed to simply copying a .cfg file over. There are some differences in the content of the tabs in Param(F3) settings, specifically "Laser Contro"

They still have not fixed auto "rorate"

-John
    Last edited by John Kleiber; 01-05-2018 at 3:44 PM.
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

Hi John, I have run into this issue also,
    Thankfully I haven't updated the computer connected to my laser, but the computer that I do all my design work on can't run ezcad anymore and I work on graphics in a separate building, I need both working
    I just need it to run in demo mode but I'm still getting that MFC error, I have googled it for hours and I can't get anything to work.
    I have read through your 8 steps but it's still not working for me. Maybe I need an older MVCAPI.dll file, do you have one you could send me?

Also what was the gist of the response from JCZ?

There is a fix, unfortunately I can’t email or link the software as we run a modified proprietary version to the lasers we sell , it’s causing us a lot of headaches (4 people had to be talked through updating today) my advise is back up your settings , don’t do the update if possible , try roll back as that works for a limited time, email jcz and wait for the update to be sent to you ! We are finding about 1 in 5 is a right pig as setting config cant be copied easly then we have to do a teamviewer and set up manually

Blog Entries
    Sean what version are you running? My provided version 2.12.1 hasn't had a problem.if you are just designing with it, I can send you copy to try. Just pm me and email. BTW, how are you saving a new file in demo mode?