Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bosch Reaxx saw worst tool I have ever owned in my life.

Fred:

A quick search online indicates that one of the "big boxes" (RONA - now owned by Lowe's) is selling the Bosch REAXX for $C2K. The cartridges are also available ($C130).

This would confirm my understanding of the situation, namely the legal dispute between SawStop and Bosch in the US.

Thank you Jacques!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Gagnon View Post
    Fred:

A quick search online indicates that one of the "big boxes" (RONA - now owned by Lowe's) is selling the Bosch REAXX for $C2K. The cartridges are also available ($C130).

This would confirm my understanding of the situation, namely the legal dispute between SawStop and Bosch in the US.
    It shows up as "temporarily out of stock" for me on Rona's Canadian website.
    https://www.rona.ca/en/brand/bosch-reaxx

Maybe Canada is to small of a market for it to be feasible for Bosch.
    All so unavailable at Amazon.ca and Elite Tools.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-GTS1041A.../dp/B013UBT4ES
    https://www.elitetools.ca/en/product...osch-gts1041a/#

There is one in the Saskatoon store at the moment and at one point before Christmas they were on sale for 20% off ($1600Can). That might be why they are low/out of stock. They are usually $2000Can where the SawStop is roughly $1600Can in the Lee Valley Catalogue. Since I have the industrial SawStop I've never bothered to look at either contractor saw beyond a cursory glance so won't comment on the merits or demerits of one over the other.

That could very well be the case. I've never even looked at them or the Sawstop version so know nothing about either.
    I never noticed the Rona link was for a specific store.

I've owned the SawStop Jobsite saw for a little over a year, and can tell you that it doesn't suffer from the maladies that Keith listed. It's not a cabinet saw, but it's a very good saw in its class (safety features aside).

I’m surprised the cost of the Bosch is another 25% more than the Sawstop, at least in Canada.

If you get twice as many fires out of a brake and you dont ruin a blade then they figure you will be money ahead. Usd it was $200 more when it was sold here. $1299 for ss and $1499 for reax.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    I really want to try the Mafell one out, but that thing costs more than most cabinet saws.
    I can assure you, the Erika saws are absolutely as good as a cabinet saw as well as being easily portable. 220v can be a bit of a challenge on jobsites but there are lots of 110v - 220v converters out there that will work.

https://www.elektrowerkzeug-shop.de/mafell
    US Shipping available.
    Last edited by Peter Kelly; 12-26-2017 at 6:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    I can assure you, the Erika saws are absolutely as good as a cabinet saw as well as being easily portable. 220v can be a bit of a challenge on jobsites but there are lots of 220v converters out there that will work.

https://www.elektrowerkzeug-shop.de/mafell
    US Shipping available.
    The 70 is 120v. I haven't seriously entertained buying one, I hardly use the jobsite saw that I've got.

$3500

Martin. Did you seriously pay 3500 for a job site saw that you "hardly" use? That really has me scratching my head. I mean I can see the euro romance but that is beyond gross unless your working in 12 million dollar homes for Brittany spears and that sort of ilk. In a competitive market... ummmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Martin. Did you seriously pay 3500 for a job site saw that you "hardly" use? That really has me scratching my head. I mean I can see the euro romance but that is beyond gross unless your working in 12 million dollar homes for Brittany spears and that sort of ilk. In a competitive market... ummmmmm

No, I have a Bosch that I hardly use. Tough to justify the Mafell, when I'd hardly use it.

I just work in the $1-2 million dollar homes. . If I ever walk into a $12m, I'll snatch up the Mafell.
    Last edited by Martin Wasner; 12-26-2017 at 7:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    If you get twice as many fires out of a brake and you dont ruin a blade then they figure you will be money ahead. Usd it was $200 more when it was sold here. $1299 for ss and $1499 for reax.
    This logic is flawed because your not taking into account the constant misfires and then leaving me stranded on a job site without a working table saw.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    I bought my son a Bosch 4100-09 with the gravity stand in 2010. He's a full time construction carpenter and uses the saw occasionally on site for small work...trim, dimensional lumber short cuts, rips, ply....not the best saw but the portability is nice. They sell for $499 today including that nice gravity stand. Put on a thin kerf blade and it performs well enough for the price. Seems lots of folks expect too much from a low cost job site saw.
    The 4100 and the Reaxx share almost no parts except the stupid fence. That nice stand you were talking about is a piece of junk and way to lightly made for the Reaxx which must be substantially heavier then the 4100. The Ridgid and Dewalt stands I have are much better. This is one area that surprised me because I have read so much about this vaunted gravity rise stand and how amazing it is. It's a rickety frame with some wheels slapped on it and it has to be permanently bolted to he saw doubling the size and adding a bunch of weight effectively making it less portable in my opinion.

Some one implied earlier that to use a table saw you should throw away the built in scale and do a bunch of hand measuring transferring and then setting up fences to try and match. I'm not sure why you would even own a table saw if you were going to do it that way. I have a really nice cabinet saw and I have owned multiple job site saws that have functioned ok to really good. This idea that a job site saw can't be portable and mostly accurate is absurd. Most of the sub 500 dollar ones do an ok job of it. I was damn sure expecting at least that quality with the added safety feature ,even though I don't really care about it, but to be honest with you I was really expecting substantially more saw then those because I figured no one would have the hubris to make a piece of junk and charge triple for it. Jokes on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Marty View Post
    Get over your grudge for one man and buy the better product. I've never read a negative review of the SawStop jobsite saw
    This is probably what is going to happen and it will be bitter but as much as I don't want to support that knucklehead in anyway it really has more to do with how disappointed I am in how incredibly terrible the Reaxx is in every way.