Thread: Low cost 4 foot LED bulbs - $4 each

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    I have spent the last several weeks on a scaffold pulling ballasts and rewiring 4 foot four bulb troffers at my church. Some ballasts are really hot when removed, some actually dripping black gooey stuff. Going from 120 watts to 50 watts per fixture. Never have to worry about a ballast going bad again. So far I have replaced 176 bulbs. I do 8 fixtures per day, my neck can't take much more than that. Using these, about $7.00 per bulb delivered. https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/192824/PLT-10848.html So far, 100% work out of the box. Interested to see how the Utilitech's work out for you. But we may not know for ten years...

We hope to get a $2.25 per bulb rebate from DTE. Consumers, the other supplier in the area, offers $5.00 per bulb.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 01-03-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    I have spent the last several weeks on a scaffold pulling ballasts and rewiring 4 foot four bulb troffers at my church. Some ballasts are really hot when removed, some actually dripping black gooey stuff. Going from 120 watts to 50 watts per fixture. Never have to worry about a ballast going bad again. So far I have replaced 176 bulbs. I do 8 fixtures per day, my neck can't take much more than that. Using these, about $7.00 per bulb delivered. https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/192824/PLT-10848.html So far, 100% work out of the box. Interested to see how the Utilitech's work out for you. But we may not know for ten years... We hope to get a $2.25 per bulb rebate from DTE. Consumers, the other supplier in the area, offers $5.00 per bulb.
    Good luck on getting the rebate and it sounds like it is better to get the bulbs which need rewiring instead of the ones which can be installed with the ballest in place.