Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Also having a bad year

Also having a bad year

I lost my wife of 41 years to leukemia in July after a 13 month battle. In November I lost my mother in law and the day of her funeral my Siberian husky of 14.5 years had a seizure and died. Having a hard time with the Holidays because it' also my wifes birthday on the 28th of Dec. I hope everybody else is having a great Holidays.

Sorry to hear it Bruce, life can be tough sometimes.
    My first wife passed away Nov. 29th of 1997 after a two year battle with cancer. We were married 25 years 1 month and 9 days. If she were still living i'm sure we would still be together.
    And yes, the holidays can be very hard. My wish for you is that the good memories will in time overshadow the bad.
    About the only advice I can give you is to stay busy, make some plans for the future, something you have always wanted to do, something to look forward to.
    Hang in there, you'll never forget but it does get easier as time goes by.

Bruce, yes, this is definitely a rough year for you. I hope you can keep your head up and remember friends are for talking with and leaning on. They don't mind.

Better times are ahead for you. The anguish never really goes away but it gets less bitter and easier to cope. After the Holidays have passed and the new year arrives, I think you'll see things brighten up.

Sorry to hear man.. If you need someone to chew the fat with give me a ring and we can chat about wood or anything else that comes up. Life can be a challenge at times.

So sorry Bruce, I can't say more than what the 3 who posted ahead of me are right on.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've come back to this thread several times today wanting to post my condolences and some grouping of words that might offer some comfort. But there's nothing to say that won't ring hollow.
    I don't know you, Bruce, but I've thought of you several times since reading this and wished and hoped for your comfort...some easing of your grief. I hope your memories are fond and with you always.

After I lost my dad I found a quote that's stuck with me forever: "Death ends a life, not a relationship."
    20+ years later I still talk to him, and sometimes feel him checking in. I cherish the moments.

You have had a tough year Bruce. I can say from experience it will get better. We buried my mother on Christmas Eve in 1980. Nine years ago I had to have one of our dogs put to sleep at 2:00 a.m. on Christmas Day.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I'm sorry Bruce.
    Fred

Bruce, I too am having a rough year. I have lost 5 friends, one my best friend, in the last month and a half. Had a mild heart attack two weeks ago, probably from dealing with all the pent up stress form my children and losses. If it wasn't for my faith and my grand children, I wouldn't be much in the spirit either. Grand children can be a wonderful blessing at this time of year to help steer your mind off of the difficult things.
    I know its painful, but never give up and if you are not spiritual in any sort, look to God for comfort. It really helps.

I hope you find some peace, Bruce. There's nothing comforting to say. Hope you have some love left.

Sorry for your losses Bruce...

Sorry Bruce, I hope things turn around quickly for you and you can enjoy the memories you have of each of those you lost.

Blog Entries
    Bruce, I'm very sorry for your losses. I hope you have friends or relatives you can be with during the holidays.

I'm very sad for your multiple losses in the past year...even one is a lot to bear. I'm hoping that 2018 will be better for you and also hope that you can smile a lot over good memories that will always be with you.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I too read your post Bruce, and found no words, yesterday. The amount of your loss left me with nothing but prayer filled thoughts to you.
    The loss of a loved one is immeasurable, bot not forever, as long as we can remember them as we loved them, in the good times.
    Last edited by michael langman; 12-23-2017 at 10:47 AM.