Thread: Performax 22-44 Plus drum sander

Performax 22-44 Plus drum sander

Bought a replacement conveyor belt for my Performax and cannot get the belt to track true. It always wants to drift toward the motor side. I even took all the tension out of the adjustment screws and it still tracks to the motor side.

Anyone experience this problem and have a solution.

JAB

You could turn the belt around and see if it drifts the other way.

All the time on my Delta 31-255X - incurably so, in fact. You can tension the thing so that it's taught on one side and loose enough to put 1/4" dowel under the other, and it will, counter to all the rules of mechanical systems, still drift to the taught side. Nothing will make that thing track, except continuous loading of the drum across more than half it's length.

One day soon, I was planning to replace it with a Performax, because I have been told they don't have the same problem - so I hope you find a fix to get me back on track.

The Delta will be dirt cheap to someone who enjoys Allen wrenches more than me when the day comes.

If turning the belt around doesn't solve the problem then check the brass colored bushings at each end of the drive roller and the driven roller. They can wear unevenly especially when the conveyor is over tensioned.

I went through 3 different replacement belts before I solved my tracking problem. Every time I called Jet tech support they suggested the 3M OEM belt. I finally relented (at $90 for a 16/32 belt) and now it tracks perfectly. The tracking instructions in my manual were WRONG and opposite what was needed.
    The belt must be LOOSENED on the side it it drifting towards and TIGHTENED on the side where you want the belt to move to.