Thread: Building appliance enclosure that breathes?

Building appliance enclosure that breathes?

Hello all,
    I'm trying to build an enclosure for a kegerator. The problem is the kegerator that I own isn't designed to be "built in".
    A built in model is not in the budget... and I'd really like to fit it into my design.

Louvers aren't in my comfort zone: so I'm wondering what other options I may
    have?

I'm considering a custom panel with a window screen? Or Speaker Mesh? Or is there another type of "grate"; material that will work?
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 12-20-2017 at 8:55 AM. Reason: fixed wonky text, please switch to the standard editor

I used furnace filters for my stereo box. Worked out fine.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...70#post2304670

John

Just make sure you have enough airflow to dump all the heat the refrigerator dumps out. also louvers aren't that hard with some jigs. Check for thin trim to use as slats, cut repeated angled slots, apply trim to hide slots.
    Last edited by John Stankus; 12-19-2017 at 6:12 PM.

I've used perforated stainless sheet mounted in a frame for kitchen appliance ventilation (and actually HVAC enclosures). It is available inexpensively on ebay in a wide range of thicknesses and hole patterns, though it is somewhat hard to cut. Unlike linear grilles, there is scanty information on air flow.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

There are lots of manufactured grills

Lee Valley

Amazon

and perforated metal panels:

McNichols