Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good News / Bad News

At least now, the economy is improving. With the tax cut, they will probably be hiring anybody who can walk.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I will be making a carrier change as my line of work probably won't carry over to another job.

I heard something about the Bass Pro - Cabella's merger some time back. I don't hunt or fish, so it doesn't mean much to me.

That saw sure stands proud in my shop!

John

What is your line of work John?
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

john, something i'm seeing is that companies are hiring us "older" folks more and more because we're reliable.
    the snowflakes have a tendency to call out sick if they have a hangnail.

might want to consider a lowes or home depot part time, till you find a good job. i work lowes friday nite, sat., and sunday.
    you'd be amazed at how many of us over 60's there are. we have a few that are in their mid 80's!!
    GOOD LUCK!!
    rich

I work for a company that sells and services printing equipment and supplies.Most smaller print shops now use equipment leased from big companies like Xerox and HP. Big printing companies can work directly with manufactures.

I have heard good things about Menards and may look into them. We also have Lowes and Home Depot.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day who is considering retirement...I recently took that plunge and he wanted to commiserate. The topic of benefits came up and he said he's considering working for HD because he can obtain benefits. (that's not an issue for me because Professor Dr. SWMBO provides our health care benefits from her work) At any rate, "doing something different" can be refreshing and is one way to turn a disappointing turn of events into an opportunity. I'm likely going to be taking on a part time job to supplement until age 66.5 when I can receive full SS, and my personal thought is along the lines of what I just mentioned...doing something different and potentially enriching, completely away from the telecom world that I lived in for so long.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...