Thread: Cartridge filter question

Cartridge filter question

Evening all,

I have an Oneida Mini Gorilla (first gen) and I was cleaning the filter tonight. When I put the filter back on and turned on the DC I noticed a small stream of air coming from the bottom of the filter. There is hole in the bottom about half an inch in diameter. I am guessing that hole is supposed to be plugged with something but I hadn't ever noticed it before so I wasn't sure. I was cleaning the filter outside so I'll have to wait till morning to get a good look in the grass and try and find whatever it is that is supposed to go there. If I cant find it I assume just some duct tape to cover it would be fine? I mean, I dont think there's supposed to be a hole there but maybe there is.

Thanks

This may be an idea if you do not find what you are looking for in the grass, contact the filter manufacturer and see if they could send you a small piece of filter media and glue it over the hole using a flexible type adhesive that will flex with the filter. If a cynocrlate type glue is used (gets hard) it may cause a stress point and cause a larger blow out of the filter media.

just a thought!

Id use gorilla tape. Serious and ironic.

I was able to find the part (I think) the next day. Just little tapered rubber piece.

Great to hear to solved your delima!
    Gee I totally miss read or miss understood the hole! I was thinking you had a hole in the filter meada, not a hole in the plate at the bottom of the filter! Duh!!!

good find ��