Thread: band saw fence set up stop (shop made )

band saw fence set up stop (shop made )

have you ever set your saw fence up to do a precise cut only to have to remove the fence for another cut and have to reset the fence ? have you ever tried to move the fence so that when re sawing the cut come off the out side in even thickness ? How about setting the fence to many location very accurately and quickly with the saw running ? I made this simple fixture so that all of that is simple to within .001" .

jack
    English machines

<p>
    It seems theres lots of pros to having a fence rail like that instead of a round bar type... I wonder how easy itill be for me to make Dang, Mr Forsberg ... thats another jumper singed with the angle grinder you cost me ! </p>
    Last edited by Tom Trees; 12-09-2017 at 7:23 PM.

Excellent. All the best ideas and designs are so simple once one sees them. However having the kind of mind that can come up with the design to begin with is a gift. Thanks for posting this. Mike.

That is fantastic,now having a lathe and a mill once I learn how to use them that will be on my project list.Thanks for posting----Carroll

Nice illustrative video, thanks Jack! I've drop a little brass disc into my fence clamp hole to avoid making divits along the fence rail. If I had a lathe I would turn down a little pin as you've shown to hold a plate. I think there is enough room for a plate under the casting. That is quite clever. I do like the stop.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

thanks guys . working on the upper guides now as I finished the table guilds.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BciX8mOHO3E/

Last edited by jack forsberg; 12-12-2017 at 2:59 PM.
    jack
    English machines

I cant wait for the results of the resaw competition
    Can we get in on what your talkin bout ?
    Good luck Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trees View Post
    I cant wait for the results of the resaw competition
    Can we get in on what your talkin bout ?
    Good luck Jack
    just a test for now . wood from one board is being shipped to 4 people as the sample wood . i will do a full video and review then . just to be clear this is just a cheep carbon blade.

Last edited by jack forsberg; 12-17-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    jack
    English machines