Thread: Have you been to Canterbury

Blog Entries

Have you been to Canterbury

Have you been to Canterbury NH and seen the Shaker Furniture? If you have not, you might want to visit there.

The wood working there is impressive and of course it it is neanderthal.

Check it out, you will never forget it.

Blog Entries
    Apparently none of you have been to Canterbury. Well, I suggest you go and visit,

You will remember the visit for long time. It is a very interesting place to visit.

I haven't been in Canterbury for almost 2 weeks. LOL. They have a nice collection of Shaker furniture at the Shaker Village. Several woodworking friends live in Canterbury including Tom McLaughlin who is going to take over as the new host for Rough Cut with the new shows being produced in his shop/school. The other Shaker Village in NH is in Enfield up near Dartmouth College. Smaller and less to see but it has what up until about 1860 what was the tallest building north of Boston, a 6 story dormitory made from solid granite block. It is truly spectacular.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Blog Entries
    We visited way back in the 1970's. I thoroughly enjoyed the visit. I'm thinking that I would like to visit a son in Connecticut and go by Mount Washington on the way.

It is a long trip from Galveston County in Texas. I would also like to visit Mount Washington again.

I've not been to Canterbury, but I have visited Pleasant Hill near Harrodsburg Kentucky. Definitely should be on the list of anyone interested in the Shakers and their furniture and way of life.

Blog Entries
    Check this link to see what we are talking about.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cant...w=1920&bih=974

Blog Entries
    Well, we had snowfall in Dickinson, Galveston County, Texas last night. It is the third time I've seen it here. My F150 has snow on it.

I don't have to go anywhere to see snow this morning.