Thread: CorelDraw - stumped

CorelDraw - stumped

I've created this shape (yeah, it should be closed/joined just not there yet), and while both of these are the same thing, you can see on the right when objects are selected then filled with a color, there is (what I'll call) an "artifact" that I just can't figure out why / how to resolve (remove). Zooming in on the nodes doens't really help much. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 12.10.29 .png

I've attached the CDR (v14) too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ULS M-300 30W, CorelDraw X4

The 'artifact' is just Corel artificially filling in certain places, rhyme or reason, I have no clue, other than you can't paint open graphics but Corel does anyway

Now, if you ungroup your two graphics and combine them, this is what painting does-
    same thing, only more places-- has to do with where you're connected and disconnected...
    smpld.jpg

the fix is to simply connect all your open corners. Once all connected, it will still paint stupid until it's all 'closed', note in the pic above the right side I closed, left side I didn't, both painted the same... Easiest way to close it is to box it into a group and create a new outline of it (via button above the red arrow)--
    Here I did the outline and then moved it--
    smp2.jpg
    then painted it-
    smp3.jpg

also note that you can't re-outline an open graphic, all nodes must be connected
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 12-17-2017 at 3:56 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Easiest way to close it is to box it into a group and create a new outline of it (via button above the red arrow)

I actually had tried that "Creates a new object that surrounds the selected objects" before posting here, but it's not doing anything for me. And when I "group" the objects, then that tool/options isn't available.

What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Walters View Post
    I actually had tried that "Creates a new object that surrounds the selected objects" before posting here, but it's not doing anything for me. And when I "group" the objects, then that tool/options isn't available.

What am I missing here?
    It has to be a closed object for that to work.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Try this fix
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Thanks all for the assistance, it seems that all of you have been able to "easily"(?) identify what/where the open parts are and close them, and maybe that's part of my issue.

If I zoom in, a line will scale up, but not the nodes. I do notice that segments will change color when selected, but I don't know what significance those colors are (sometimes red, sometimes blue when in node editing mode), here's an example showing some parts in different colors when everything is selected, I'm sure that there is a reason for this, and the colors mean something, but I don't know what that may be.

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 06.44.44 .png

The blue dashed line is just a guideline, ignore that =)