Thread: new bandsaw, and value of my old ones

new bandsaw, and value of my old ones

I presently have 2 bandsaws, and would like to sell them and replace with one. I now own a delta 28- 203 14 inch, and a powermatic model 81- 20 inch. they both are fine saws, but would love to free up some space. maybe a shop remodel, pics of my shop from a few years ago are here somewhere, kind of cluttered. Question. any idea what I should ask for these saws, prices are all over the board. They are both on mobile bases, delta has fence, powermatic does not. Powermatic is 220 single phase, Delta 110. Powermatic has bearing guides, Delta cool blocks.
    Also would love to stay American made, but that aint happening, sad. So it will probably be Italian. Any suggestions.
    Thanks Mike

The Delta will bring between $200 and $500, depending on condition, location, and accessories. The 81 should go between $800 and $1200, maybe up to $1500 if it is minty and you are in a good location.

What size will the new saw be? If it’s a big’n, you’ll probably regret selling the smaller saw. I have a 20” and would love to have a 10-14” for curves, if space allowed.

<p>
    Thanks guys, I am in the omaha area, not sure if that&#39;s plus or minus. Matt the saw I will probably replace them with will be an 18 inch laguna, so not to big to cut curves, and really need to clear up some space. Would love to rearange shop.</p>