Thread: EZCAD2 Rotary Settings to Perform Multiple Passes

EZCAD2 Rotary Settings to Perform Multiple Passes

Is there a setting in EZCAD 2 to perform multiple passes, aka Loop Count on a single part while in rotary mode?
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

Blog Entries
    The only thing I've seen would be your initial pen settings for loops. but this would not really be same as multiple passes in the hatch settings. Probably would have to manually restart, which I've done and has worked.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

================
    ezmult.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Kev.

Why don't the programmers use consistent terminology? I would of thought Loop Count would of been more appropriate.
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

I can set the "Total num" field to the number of passes I want, however "Part" has to be "R" reset to ZERO or it will start single passes again. In short, I can't stand at the laser and feed parts and hit foot peddle etc.
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

In your F3 parameters (main screen), is your "auto reset mark count" checked? If not try that.
    ez2.jpg
    As for loop counts, that might work better for what you're doing. they're fine if you're only single hatching and not X-hatching. IMO if your deep engraving and do a 25 loop run, what it does is 25 of the same hatch angle before starting the next hatch angle. Seems counterproductive to me to hack away half in one direction then having the other direction play catch-up. I don't like the cut results. Running a repeat 25 times does the whole hatch sequence 25 times, so every other cut changes direction, makes the bottom smoother.

Most times I just set one hatch, then use auto-rotate. For many-pass deep engraving I'll rotate 13°, then it never engraves over the same lines twice...the bottom of the engraving ends up very smooth.

When doing multi-passes with the rotary, remember that it will run ALL multiples passes within each split, as in, if you deep engrave "TEST" to repeat 25 times, it will engrave the T 25 times, then the E 25 times, etc... The rotary won't engrave a full rotation then start over 25 times...at least, mine doesn't
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 12-04-2017 at 1:08 AM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Yep, sure enough "auto reset mark was not checked". You saved me 3 steps to the computer and back, times 648 stainless wine cups for a total of 3888 steps.
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas