Thread: Need help. G350 Chinese laser has power but suddenly unresponsive

Need help. G350 Chinese laser has power but suddenly unresponsive

Hi, I've had a G350 for about 2 years and it's been working fine, until this morning.

The system is getting power, everything powers on (Green light on the mesh covered power converter at the bottom, green LEDs on both black stepper drivers), however on the screen in the bottom right it says "resetting". This normally flashes up for a second, the laser head moves to XY zero, the machine beeps and we are ready to go.

This morning the resetting doesn't go away after even mins and no beep...Y returns to zero and stops (the LED on the controller registers the -Y limit being reached with a flash), but X slowly creeps right (very slowly, like 1mm a second) until it hits the right hand side of the machine and bounces (and i have to power off the machine or risk damage).

Attaching a PC via USB and it doesnt detect the machine at all. RDWorks reports a communication failure as well.

On the actual RDC6442G controller there are red LEDs on constantly on LED 1 (-X limit) and 15 (5V+) with 12 flashing briefly (link).

I've tried tightening all the screws on the connections. I've tried opening the controller (nothing looks burnt, shorted or blown). I've tried disconnecting the X axis driver, the Y axis driver, both drivers....

Has the controller just spontaneously failed? Anyone any ideas?

Sounds like the firmware corrupted, it can happen. Easy enough fix if it is. You will need the right version ***.frm file and reflash it via the usb
    You did what !

I wasn't clear from your description but have you checked the X limit sensor for correct operation? If you have the one with the common orange square cap then it can be checked by waving a wide flat metal screw driver over the top of it during the resetting. These have a very thin wire that commonly breaks/goes bad over time due to bending stress. One of mine went bad in maybe 6-9 months if I remember right. I think I paid $12 for three of replacements off of Amazon.

At the following link you will find the .50 firmware update if you want to do Dave's suggestion. As far as I know, this is the latest one. One of the nice things about doing this update is that it introduces the functionality that allows the iOS and Android Ruida phone/tablet app to work. I ran the firmware update by attaching my laptop via USB to the laser. Open RDWorks, go Config > System Settings > System Info tab > Upgrade firmware. RD8888 is the password if you need it.

https://rdworkslab.com/viewtopic.php...tart=50#p13669
    Last edited by Doug Fisher; 12-03-2017 at 1:12 AM.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment