Thread: Tablesaw Fence ???

Tablesaw Fence ???

I have a Biesemeyer 53” fence and have had it about 15 years (from the “Biesemeyer” Company before they sold out). Best tool I have ever owned. I am upgrading to a hybrid tablesaw and want to buy a new fence. I was looking for a new Biesemeyer BUT.... there is SO MANY negative reviews about the Delta made Biesemeyer, I’m not sure I want to buy another one.
    Would like some feedback from others about a few of the other fences on the market. Are there any others that are of the quality of the old Biesemeyer?
    Brian Fithian
    Powerline Tags llc
    Epilog Mini 24 40W
    Corel Draw X5

Why not put the Bies you have on the new saw??
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    VSCT fences have had good reviews.

Blog Entries
    I agree with putting the Beis on the new saw. If you are keeping both, there are a number of "better-than-Bies" clones out there. I loved my Beis but, the saw was going to dad so I didn't keep the fence. The VSCT fences have a loyal following among buyers although they are pricey by the time you get done IMHO. The Saw Stop Beis Clone is very nice but, I do not know that it is sold separately. It appears HTC has stopped making their fence system which is a shame as it was built like a truck along the lines of the original Beis but, had more adjustability. The Shop Fox Classic is a reasonable clone at a typical price points for rails and all. I had good luck with an aluminum fence but, if they take a hit, there's no repair, only replacement of the damaged part. This is not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of. A lot of things I use are aluminum and subject to the same exposure and I have not problem with that.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I would swap fences.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    The Saw Stop Beis Clone is very nice but, I do not know that it is sold separately.
    It is. I can't remember where, but Google found one pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    Highland has it but you'll need to call, the package price isn't available online. Ask for Blair or Don. I was down there today to pick up the package for my CNS, it cost $350 for the fence, rails and table insert. Parts price for the fence and rails alone total $430 so it's worth the time to call.

My Bies has about had it... rented a house before i built this one for 2 years and it only had a carport. I did keep it covered but, in this humid climate in south MS, started a lot of deep rust and, im tired of tryin to patch it up.
    Seems like everything is made overseas and can only afford to buy once. I HATE to give up this Bies...

What about the Incra TS - LS system?

Vega all the way. The Incra requires a fair amount of space to the right for the beam to extend out.

Quote Originally Posted by James Jayko View Post
    What about the Incra TS - LS system?
    The Incra fence is a fantastic system, you can't beat it for accuracy and repeatability. I've been using mine for 5 years or so, the only complaint I have with it is the same thing that Peter posted, you need as much room to the right of the saw as you want between the fence and the blade(minus around 7-8" depending on your saw). In a small shop(like mine) that can be a real PITA.

I just replaced it with the Sawstop T-Glide fence and went back to the bad old days of bumping fences and ripping everything at one shot. The benefit for me is that I don't need to roll the saw around to see a measurement or to rip wide pieces. It's definitely a small shop concern, there isn't anything available that will beat the Incra for accuracy and repeatability. If I just had a bigger shop(and wishes were horses) it would still be on the saw and I'd be riding happily with a few hundred extra $ in the saddlebag.

To the OP, if you have the space then you should definitely consider the Incra fence, you'll never look back.
    Last edited by Bill Graham; 12-13-2017 at 9:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    Go to sawstop.com, partsstore and search T Glide fence or TGP2-FA.

Simon

I'm intrigued by the VSCT fence as well. If I were to get one - I probably won't - I'd buy the head only for $219 and buy an extrusion off Ebay or elsewhere for the fence and use their directions to fab my own rail. Supposedly 80/20 extrusions are plenty straight for a table saw fence.