With the holidays upon us, more are baking pies. What kind of crust are you using? I use a pie crust made with shortening, and made in the food processor. When I put flour in canister from bag, I sift it. To make a double crust, I measure two and one quarter cups of flour into bowl of food processor, fitted with metal blade. Add about one tsp of salt, and pulse till mixed. Then I add 2/3 cups of shortening, and pulse till it resembles small peas. Next I add (all at one time) scant 1/3 cup of ice water, and process till it starts to form a ball. Stop food processor, and remove dough. Using hands form into a ball, and divide in half. Form each half into a disk, and place in a quart zip lock bag. Flatten disk with back side of pie plate till it almost touches side seams of bag. Place in fridge for at least four hours, remove from zip lock bag, then roll out on a floured surface. Fold into quarters, and transfer to pie plate and flute edges. Either bake blind, or brush with egg white / water wash and bake for 5 minutes, till egg white is set. The egg white keeps filling from soaking into crust. Add filling, bake and ENJOY! Tips: to make ice water, I use a grease/gravy separator to hold ice and water. Then I can pour ice water into a small measuring cup, without the ice cubes. Instead of floured surface, you can roll out crust between two sheets of wax paper.