Thread: Proof, proof, proof

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Proof, proof, proof

Mini rant: Not so much on the Creek, but particularly on FaceBook: Do people ever go back and proof what they are writing? And not just responses to a thread, but I have seen the OP write a short question or comment that makes no sense what-so-ever, and is full of grammatical full-on goofs and obvious misspellings that spell check would find. And apparently it is improper to call anyone out on it or you are now the "spelling police". I cringe every time I see a "there" when they meant "their". So I have learned to presume that they are truly spelling challenged or simply don't know how to use the edit or delete tools provided, which is probably not a bad assumption as you almost need to have someone tell you how to find those tools the first time. My strength as an engineer certainly was not the use of the English language, but I learned to proof everything I did, whether it was a report, letter or email. Yet sometimes I go back and read something I wrote previously and wonder, how the heck did I miss that. We are all human.

And at some point I must have put "i" in my dictionary as an acceptable word. I wish I could figure out how to correct that one...

OK, I proofed this at least six times, wonder what I missed?
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 11-26-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    NOW you tell me...