Thread: Trotec laser will not engrave, only cut???

Trotec laser will not engrave, only cut???

I recently bough an old Speedy from year 2000.
    It is in fairly good condition and seem to work but I canīt output anything else from Corel but cutlines.
    If I draw a square, make it a red hairline - No problem.
    Job control works fins and laser cuts.
    If I try to add a black square (engraving) and print it, the file in JC is all corrupted and shows up as a mostly black surface and engrave as such.
    I am using printer drivers from a laser I sold years ago that was from 2005 and JC 6.5.4.

°Could it be the printer driver that is wrong, cut lines shows up correctly though!??
    °I have tried every possible setting I can think of in Corel X4 with same result!
    °The test files provided with JC engraves fine!

I have tried finding other drivers but I canīt find anything, anywhere online.
    The laser is a 8003 C25 30W.
    Very thankful for suggestions as I canīt think of anything else to try.
    Here are some picture with job control in background for reference.
    In this specific case the raster work is not all black in JC but still corrupted.

IMG_7961.jpgIMG_7963.jpg

Sounds like you either need to contact Trotec USA or go on their website and look for Downloads and get the Driver and Documentation you need.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I am running JC 6.2.3 with Driver 5.15 , Corel 16 and Xp and have never had a file transfer problem...... I have had the job stop in the middle with an error for signal loss, but that is because I run the machine in the background and it was problem a system overload.

What DPI 125/250/333/500/600/1000 are you running. there is a max dpi/ image / file size complexity issue.

Last edited by Mark Sipes; 11-29-2017 at 6:37 PM.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

To engrave, the square needs to be RGB, if it is CMYK the laser only sees what you described.