Thread: Bosch 1615 EVS in Router Table?

Bosch 1615 EVS in Router Table?

I was recently given a Bosch 1615 EVS router that's obviously seen lots of use and is in somewhat rough shape. I really don't have a use for it unless I could use it in a router table. I'm not immediately seeing an easy way to adjust the blade depth if the router were mounted in a table, but it's also possible that I'm missing something. Does anyone know for sure if this router could be used in a router table? Thanks,

--Geoff

Absolutely works in a table. I mounted my 1617 in a table using their table mounting base RA 1165 ($53 on Amazon).

My table is also a Bosch, but the variety of hole patterns in the base make it usable in other router table tops as well.

I think the info you are missing is that on the 1617 there is thru-the-base access to the lead screw that adjusts height via an allen wrench; you use the base clamp for gross adjustments (there are either 2 or 3 'stops' that the motor will catch on), and then the lead screw for fine adjustment. It's this ability to adjust height while still mounted that makes the 1617 very suitable for table use.

If you want a means to adjust the bit height above the table, take a look at Router Raizer. I don't see your router listed on their site so you may have to call.

http://www.routertechnologies.com/index.html

I have one of those on a Freud FT2000E - similar design to the Bosch 1615 and the router raizer works very well. It moves the bit 1/16" per revolution of the crank so not as fine adjustment as the lifts but also less $ and less work to install. I found with the Freud that it works better with the plunge springs in though the recommendation is to remove them. I also found a remote push button power switch worthwhile. Good luck with your new router.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Crimmins View Post
    I was recently given a Bosch 1615 EVS router that's obviously seen lots of use and is in somewhat rough shape. I really don't have a use for it unless I could use it in a router table. I'm not immediately seeing an easy way to adjust the blade depth if the router were mounted in a table, but it's also possible that I'm missing something. Does anyone know for sure if this router could be used in a router table? Thanks,

--Geoff
    You guys these days are totally spoiled! What's the big deal about reaching under the table to adjust bit depth?