Hey all,

Right now I have been assembling my tool collection to build furniture around the house, and to hopefully make a little money to help offset the cost of tools/materials. Essentially, I have my normal 9-5 job, but would like to do woodworking as a hobby/weekend project type stuff.

I've yet to build anything substantial because I don't really have quality enough tools to do fine woodworking. It is mostly bargain stuff off of Amazon that is almost not even worth the materials they're made out of!

I am going to be putting up a partition wall in my finished basement that will give me an isolated work space of 8' x 17'. I would really like to begin investing into quality tools that make better quality builds, and I would like to get some of the experts here to give me tips on what I should start with. I am a hybrid woodworker that'll be mainly using a table saw, cordless drills, drill press, and router table as my primary electric tools. I would like to stick with hand tools for the planing/jointing, mortise/tenon, dovetails, etc (basically everything else). Here is the list of what I was thinking of getting, so let me know if I missed anything or if you think I should go in a different direction...

Chisels - Stanley Sweethearts (already own)
Dovetail saw - Veritas Fine Cut $70
Crosscut saw - Veritas carcass saw $80
#5 1/2 - Woodriver $200
#7 - Woodriver $310