Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Friday shopping deals

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Alexander View Post
    Just picked up a Powermatic air cleaner on the 10% off sale at Rockler. Not much of a discount but I've been needing one for a long time and wanted to wait for Powermatic. I've heard it's quieter and easier to clean and change the filter than the jet so finally pulled the trigger on that one.
    Let me know how it works for you. Once I get in the new shop I will be looking at getting an air cleaner after I get the new DC up and running.

20% off one item at Acme Tools....usual exclusions such as Festool, Sawstop, Jet, Powermatic, Laguna...max discount $150. No affiliation.

I didn't do any Black Friday shopping. Not because I have any objections to it, nor due to a "I'm not going out there, it's crazy" take on things. No, there was nothing I really wanted at HD, and the only other "choice" in Kingman, AZ was Wallyworld. Add to that the lack of a computer to use and I spent the time goofing off with my sons, including catching the new Justice League movie. It was a good one.

Back home Saturday evening, I was ready for Cyber Monday. I barely restrained myself from going hog wild. A DeWalt Flexvolt tracksaw almost snuck past my "be responsible, be responsible" filter at Acme. Fortunately for me, the vendors that have the hand tools (Veritas Combi plane, Blue Spruce / Vesper bevel gauge) I really want were barely or not doing anything for Cyber Monday, and most of the rest of my wishlist is composed of big ticket items that can't co-exist in the same purchasing quarter.

One of those big ticket items, actually, the biggest, is a full size lathe. Acme has 10% off Laguna, so I reached out to Craft Supplies for a price match on the 2hp Revo 18/36. Figured I'd go with them because I can pick it up during an extended lunch, and will score big rewards points, which kinda helps counter-balance the $150+ tax bill. In addition to the match (if they do it), I took advantage of their $30 off $200 or more deal and laid in a Vicmarc VM120 Chuck (w/ jaws) for when the full size lathe manifests....

It's an expensive chuck, but I already have a VM100 and some jaws for my mini lathe, and most of the jaws are compatible between the two. Plus I'd rather send my money Down Under than to China.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.