Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday shopping deals

Black Friday shopping deals

Thought I would start this off for all.
    I broke down and bought a dewalt 735 thickness planer with extra knives and tables for $505 after asking for a discount at the orange big box store. My incra combo machine works great as a jointer, but not a planer.15114488602401673602101.jpg
    Cutting rough stock lumber is like scrambling an egg, there is no going back

KCTool is doing 20% off. I get all my Wera, Wiha, Knipex, Felo, etc tools there. Free shipping over $50.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Woodcraft is doing 15% off JET and 10% off PM. They also have 25% off on JET parallel clamps. (Too bad I had to buy mine at full price a few mos back.)

And for those who also enjoy cars, Fuel Injector Connection has 20% off !

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    KCTool is doing 20% off. I get all my Wera, Wiha, Knipex, Felo, etc tools there. Free shipping over $50.
    Thanks, I'll have to look at that. In my experience there is nothing better than a Knipex cutter (the ones they call bolt cutters but small, about the size of pliers.) Fencing with 12 ga high tensile steel wire would have done me in otherwise.

JKJ

jet is on sale most places, it is a brand sale. Rockler has powermatic on sale.

Local Red Wing boot store has like 20% off. At their prices 20% off is a good bit of money.
    Oddball shoes has 25% off everything. I buy their 14-18 socks good for big feet.
    Bill

Woodcraft has all Bessey clamps at 20% off.

Pretty sad Black Friday this year. Glad I got some Jet parallel clamps when they were 50% off.

I was hoping to get a good deal on a new blade for my slider, but we 12" blade users don't get a whole lot of respect when it comes to things like Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. That said, Silver's Mill provided an excellent price anyway...lower than factory direct and still including a sharpening discount. I've been working with some thicker stock lately and while my 10" blades were sufficient, it's time to move up to "native" size for those cuts as well as so I can get back to using the overblade collection guard for through cuts.

And, of course, while it would be nice to get some specials on Festool, that's not how they operate. But since my horse trailer sold today, covering college tuition and a new Domino XL are in my immediate future.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Only thing I scooped up was some Bessey KLIKLAMP clamps from Rockler for 50% off. Other than that there isn't much out there. I'm hoping Lee Valley has some good Cyber Monday deals.

At "only" the equivalent to USD 670 I got my Makita 2012nb lunch box planner. At 30% more than the US street price it was a bargain here.

At last after almost 30 years I got the courage to purchase it. Going out from my wish list!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I was hoping to get a good deal on a new blade for my slider, but we 12" blade users don't get a whole lot of respect when it comes to things like Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. That said, Silver's Mill provided an excellent price anyway...lower than factory direct and still including a sharpening discount. I've been working with some thicker stock lately and while my 10" blades were sufficient, it's time to move up to "native" size for those cuts as well as so I can get back to using the overblade collection guard for through cuts.

And, of course, while it would be nice to get some specials on Festool, that's not how they operate. But since my horse trailer sold today, covering college tuition and a new Domino XL are in my immediate future.
    I am looking for a 12" combo blade for my table saw. I know what you mean by no deals to be found. I am also surprisingly send at the price difference between 10" and 12" blades. If you find a desk please let me know.

Bob, Silvers Mill had the Forrest 48t Woodworker II (with 5/8" bore for my MM S315WS) for $150 with free shipping. The 40T is $141 with free shipping. Several bore choices are available. That was a bit less than Forrest direct. And I know that blade is going to work with my scoring blade setup, unlike some others I looked at that had wonky tooth widths while calling themselves "full kerf". I'm sticking with what I know...the 10" WW-II have been kicking wood-butt for many years now and moving to the 12" version (finally) makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-26-2017 at 9:57 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have been putting off on my wood vise for a few years now. Finally bought the Yost 9" Rapid Acting Vise for 60.00 on Amazon.
    I would have liked the Ductile Iron Heavy Duty Wood Vise, but at my age the lesser vise should last me through.

Just picked up a Powermatic air cleaner on the 10% off sale at Rockler. Not much of a discount but I've been needing one for a long time and wanted to wait for Powermatic. I've heard it's quieter and easier to clean and change the filter than the jet so finally pulled the trigger on that one.