Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer K3 - difficulty squaring sliding table fence using cam-adjusted stop

Sunday morning, and I was not expecting the Felder elves to be visiting, but they did ..

Replacement for the original cam and crosscut fence base. I was also not expecting that they send a complete replacement, and not just replacement parts.

Here is the old set up ...

And the new one ...

I then set the fence up with the five cut test. The new cam stop is a lot smoother, and should be reliable.

Regards from Perth

Derek

2. Since Im looking to buy a K3 without the outrigger I was hoping you guys could give me a heads up if the new "stop adjust" fixed the problem and thar you can rely on the slider fence to cut accurate 90 cuts. Also, how much do you use the outrigger?

Mikkel, the new stop adjust is perfect. I have removed and replaced the crosscut fence many, many times, and it remains accurate.

Regards from Perth

Derek

4. Thank you Derek

The cam lever can be held in place with an adjustable wrench while the set screw is tightened. Still takes some fiddling, but less frustrating than trying to hold the cam lever by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hubbard View Post
    The cam lever can be held in place with an adjustable wrench while the set screw is tightened. Still takes some fiddling, but less frustrating than trying to hold the cam lever by hand.
    Steve, I got tired of fiddling around with the cam design and eventually caved and laid out $100+ for the correctly designed "accessory", which now is apparently the standard design on new machines. Felder's refusal at the time to admit to the cam design deficiency, and insistence on charging an exorbitant price for the replacement, still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.