Thread: Question for Hammer K3 owners: scoring unit

Question for Hammer K3 owners: scoring unit

I'm considering adding the scoring unit option to my K3 Winner. I searched but couldn't find info as to whether I can use my 12" main saw blades in conjunction with the scoring unit or if I'll need to purchase 10" blades.

Thank you.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I don't think so (I don't have a 12" blade at the moment but I can measure when I get home). AFAICT, the saw is designed to run with a 10" blade + 4" scoring unit OR a 12" blade but not 12" + scoring.

Reasearching a lot of the old posts here and elsewhere as I[ve been trying to figure out my K3 (thanks John!) the normative setup seems to be 12" rip blade, 10" (xcut or combo or plywood) + scoring.

Thanks Matthew. Hammer customer service support is lacking; I've submitted 2 requests via their website for information with no response.
    Last edited by scott vroom; 11-17-2017 at 1:53 PM.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Yes, the scoring unit can only run with the 10” blade.

Thanks Paul.
    Scott Vroom

Different machine from yours; I have a Laguna sliding table saw with scoring. Due to the size of the blade, I cannot use the 12" blade with the scoring blade attached. Have to switch to a 10" blade. A good quality 10" blade would be a one time purchase, and you could dedicate it to scoring use only when the need arises. I don't use mine much so the smaller blade is resting most of the time.