Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corel Help

Corel Help

I thought this should be an easy thing but no matter what I try I can't get rid of this line. I tried the virtual delete, and the eraser. I converted to curves, I broke curve apart. Corel continues to baffle me.
    Any way I'd like to know how to get rid of the line connecting the point to the rectangle Test belt.cdr
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I have never had any luck with the cutting tool.
    I would draw over the three sides I wanted and then delete the 1 continuous line that make the entire rectangle.
    Howard Garner

EEE.jpg
    and make everything one closed vector or am I misunderstanding
    Trotec Speedy 400 80 watt

Bert
    Use your contour tool. Then delete the interior.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

yes that line
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Martin View Post
    EEE.jpg
    and make everything one closed vector or am I misunderstanding
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Mike thanks I think this will work

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Bert
    Use your contour tool. Then delete the interior.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Thanks guys the contour idea works.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I thought this should be an easy thing but no matter what I try I can't get rid of this line. I tried the virtual delete, and the eraser. I converted to curves, I broke curve apart. Corel continues to baffle me.
    Any way I'd like to know how to get rid of the line connecting the point to the rectangle Test belt.cdr
    You could also convert the outline to an object using Control + Q and then use the eraser.
    Trotec Speedy 360 - 80W, Graphtec CE6000-60, Brother GTX, Sawgrass SG400

While Mike's solution worked, I'm posting this info so people can learn other ways.

Alternate Solution.
    Use the Shape Tool. Right-click in the middle of that line. Break Apart. Delete that segment. Select both pieces. Combine. Select the 2 nodes at the connect point with the Shape Too. Right-click. Join. Repeat at the other connection point.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Another option - draw a rectangle around it then smart fill between the rectangle and your object. Then delete the original object and smart fill where it was. Delete the rectangle and the out smart fill and you have your original object sans line. It sounds like a lot of steps but I do this enough to tell you that it would take me less than 30 seconds from start to finish.

I'm save all these solutions to my help folder thanks
    you can see why I get over whelmed by corel lots of ways to do something. and tools to use.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I'm save all these solutions to my help folder thanks
    you can see why I get over whelmed by corel lots of ways to do something. and tools to use.
    I found smartfill a long time ago and have become pretty proficient with it so it tends to be my "go to" tool. There are probably better ways to do some things but I know it inside and out and can do what needs to be done pretty quickly. So, find a few features of Corel and become as proficient at them as you possibly can and you'll find they will do what you need done most. As engravers we don't really use much of the power of Corel, we just don't need it for our tasks, but what we do need, we need to know how to use.

I'll have to play around with smart fill. The one thing I found tho is it takes a lot of memory when I use it.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I agree with Gary. The single most powerful tool in Corel I use is the SmartFill. In Illustrator, it's their equivalent. I made it fill with an odd color, then when I finish creating all the little pieces, I just go into Object Manager, select everything with that odd color, hit Control X, then I delete everything I just used to make the objects, then hit Control V, and change it all to black, or whatever color I want.

I don't know what problem you have with the computer memory using that function Bert. It's not a memory hog at all. Something else going on there. It's VERY fast and painless. Never have I see it hang up and take more than the time it takes to click something. It's instant.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I just seems that any time I have things smart filled they take way longer to load into the laser. Maybe I'm not using the smartfill correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I agree with Gary. The single most powerful tool in Corel I use is the SmartFill. In Illustrator, it's their equivalent. I made it fill with an odd color, then when I finish creating all the little pieces, I just go into Object Manager, select everything with that odd color, hit Control X, then I delete everything I just used to make the objects, then hit Control V, and change it all to black, or whatever color I want.

I don't know what problem you have with the computer memory using that function Bert. It's not a memory hog at all. Something else going on there. It's VERY fast and painless. Never have I see it hang up and take more than the time it takes to click something. It's instant.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander