Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimax Sale?

Minimax Sale?

Are the prices on the minimax clearance items typical each year? There are some sweet deals but I cant justify the purchase right now. If these prices happen every year, I will plan for a nice christmas gift to myself next year.

SCM/Minimax does offer various promotions each year, so it's likely that you'll be able to score something nice when you are ready if you time things well. It's also worth taking advantage of special pricing that might be available in conjunction with the major industry shows like AWFS/IWFS that happen each year if the timing is financially good for you. Other Euro manufacturers do similar promotions, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You can also negotiate prices with the middlemen sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Bass View Post
    Are the prices on the minimax clearance items typical each year? There are some sweet deals but I cant justify the purchase right now. If these prices happen every year, I will plan for a nice christmas gift to myself next year.
    Yes, SCM typically has an end of year sale on remaining inventory. Typically runs from the beginning of October through the end ot December. Some smoking deals but it s a clearance thing so the selections are somewhat variable.

I just talked with Sam Blasco (the U.S. MiniMax rep) about this sale.

He said they are re-badging all their tools as "SCM MiniMax" and the ones on clearance are the remaining stock with the existing labels.

They are brand new. Not scratch and dent or floor demo models.

I've been considering one of their joiner/planer combo machines for a while now and this event made me pull the trigger. I can hardly wait.

Feel free to PM me if you need Sam's contact info. He's a knowledgeable woodworker and an expert on MiniMax products. I've found him to be very honest and awesome to work with.

Great news Joe, you'll love the machine.

Which model did you purchase?

Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Adams View Post
    I just talked with Sam Blasco (the U.S. MiniMax rep) about this sale.

He said they are re-badging all their tools as "SCM MiniMax" and the ones on clearance are the remaining stock with the existing labels.

They are brand new. Not scratch and dent or floor demo models.

I've been considering one of their joiner/planer combo machines for a while now and this event made me pull the trigger. I can hardly wait.

Feel free to PM me if you need Sam's contact info. He's a knowledgeable woodworker and an expert on MiniMax products. I've found him to be very honest and awesome to work with.
    I bought my bandsaw from Sam. I am looking to pick up a sliding saw/shaper combo unit. The $4500 discount is a no brainer but I am not in a position to buy right now, so I was hoping this discount would be available again next year. Unfortunate if it wont be

I did get their sales prices from the wood show earlier this year and they were nowhere near as good as these.

I originally wanted the FS41 (16") but ended up going with the FS30 (12") because the footprint is slightly smaller and it weighs 180 pounds less.

My shop is only 575sf and every little bit of floor space matters. Also, every tool except the table saw is mobile and gets shifted around a lot.

I'm sure there will come a day when I need to mill a 13" board and have second thoughts but for the most part I think the 12" J/P will do everything I need it to do.

I see a "30% sale" on their webpage but when I click it asks for username/password. How do you find out about what the promotion is?
    Their wepage isn't very friendly.

Scroll down to see what's available and discounted pricing.

https://www.scmgroup.com/en_US/scmwo...wood/promo-usa

Those really are nice prices!

OP, perhaps you can find a way to take advantage of this now...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've had several inquiries so here is Sam's contact info:

Sam Blasco
    sam.blasco@scmgroup.com
    512-796-3036 (mobile)
    512-931-1962 (workshop)
    866-975-9663 (main office/parts/tech services)
    www.minimax-usa.com

13. Every quarter we have 5-10 machines on promotion and anyone can call in to find out more details about which machines and pricing.

We also will be offering great discount pricing closer towards the IWF woodworking event in August.

Quote Originally Posted by scmgroup View Post
    Every quarter we have 5-10 machines on promotion and anyone can call in to find out more details about which machines and pricing.

We also will be offering great discount pricing closer towards the IWF woodworking event in August.
    Is all the equipment that was included in the fall promotion sold?
    Vortex! What Vortex?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux View Post
    Is all the equipment that was included in the fall promotion sold?
    Yes, we had great success over the last few months, and we still have a few machines left over but the vast majority of machines were sold.

We plan on being full restocked near the start of Q3 in July/Aug.

If the machine your interested is currently not in stock, some of our dealers are willing to compensate or negotiate a deal if you are willing to wait. Especially on the Minimax machinery line.