Thread: Blum Legrabox

Blog Entries

Blum Legrabox

I am wanting to purchase legrabox and am a little confused about spacing of the drawer's (vertical distance of each inside drawer bottom)
    Here is a photo of the drawer setup we want for our frameless kitchen
    There are five heights available and was hoping I could get some expert guidance ^_^
    2-5/8"
    3-9/16"
    5-1/16"
    7"
    9-1/2"

My thought was to get the 9-1/2" go the bottom, 5-1/16" for the middle and 1-5/8" for the top. Then have a few other varieties depending on where in the kitchen the drawer is located (by the cooktop for example, two 9-1/2" with lots of internal vertical space in-between for pots and pans)

I was also wondering if three 9-1/2" stacked can fit within 30-17/32" (height of interior carcass base cabinets) for dishes (bowls, plates, etc)

I just don't know what is considered "normal" spacing for this type of thing. I have called Blum and there sales rep i pretty helpful, but was stumped when I asked him these questions. I also went on several different websites and tried to .find out on my own', before asking here.

thank you!kitchen.pngblum.png

We have 6 Island cabinets that are 35" wide each
    then we have base cabinets against out wall that are various widths.

As a general principle, make space between drawer internals generous. This means full drawers don't foul on the one above. Your first layout with three different sized drawers getting smaller at the top is good. You have space between them. In contrast, three 9 and a bit inch drawers in a 30 inch space is too tight. You might fit them in but any contents stacked less than perfectly will drove the user nuts. Either use all 7" ones for example or stay with your 3 sizes. Also note that for pots, low sides with a rail for drawer face stability works well. Don't know if that is a legrabox option but it works and looks good. Keep up the good work with frameless kitchens. They are simple, robust, adaptable and a makeover is a breeze. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Mike, just as an aside, these metal drawers are very nice setups. Believe it or not, Ikea uses a version of the Blum system and they work really smoothly..our laundry room is equipped with them. I agree with Wayne to choose the side height that matches the use but leaves a little space for comfort.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What Jim said.

My mother has several Ikea cabinets with them, I was impressed from day one (I installed them).

Ed

Download the Dynalog software (free after you register) from Blum and you can build the complete drawer using this software. Once complete they will send you a 3D model you can import into the model you are building. It is easy and gives you a complete list of all the parts. I would suggest you go onto a site like https://www.cabinetparts.com/c/drawe...systems#loaded and price out a few. If you were wooed by all their fancy inserts (very nice) you will quickly see how fast these add to the cost.

Blog Entries
    i was actually planning oon making my own wooden inserts! My friend owns a CNC shop in town and was going to cnc some really awesome custom stuff as well (will share when completed)

thanks for the tips guys! great help!