Thread: Used / Abused Bosch 4100 Saw

Used / Abused Bosch 4100 Saw

Local Facebook post has a Bosch 4100 with gravity cart and couple extra blades. Missing the blade guard, kickback pawl and push stick. Finally got him to send pictures, from the looks of the blades it looks like it was used to cut roofing shingles, at least a couple times anyway. I offered him $160 cash, is that too much. He wanted 175 as the parts were missing. Yes I need to see it run.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Considering the missing parts and potential possibility of hard use, I'd chance a guess, your offer was on the money. I see them priced new on sale at $499 and I believe the new ones are now made in China, the older ones were made in Taiwan. They have a good following with lots of mods available. Bosch should be able to provide replacement parts. Some clean-up, adjustments and modifications should provide a great tool.
    Mac

Thanks Mac it makes me a little sick to see a fine tool abused. If it was mine and new it would be in like new condtion even after a few years of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Thanks Mac it makes me a little sick to see a fine tool abused. If it was mine and new it would be in like new condtion even after a few years of use.
    I agree with the abuse issue although purchasing a abused machine and resurrecting it to it's former glory always provides a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Mac McQuinn View Post
    I agree with the abuse issue although purchasing a abused machine and resurrecting it to it's former glory always provides a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    Mac
    Well the guy said come at 10:30 am and it took me a while to find a 1/4 block long street that was not on Google maps yet. No show and So just about given up on decent used saws, looking at a new Hitachi C10RJ saw and with my veterans discount at Lowes I can get it for $300 or so. Thanks for replying.