Thread: CMS 5 axis router

CMS 5 axis router

Anyone willing to offer opinion on their experience using a CMS brand 5 axis cnc router? I don't know the model as yet. I have the opportunity to buy one for a very good price to use for foundry patternmaking. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Hmm....just as well I'm heading to Melbourne on Friday to have a look. All I can find out in advance is that it is made in France, it weighs about 7000kg and it's machining envelope is about 4.2m x 1.5m x 2.0m. Cheers

If this, https://www.cmsna.com/fxb-aluminum-c...te-p-3065.html is along the lines of what you are looking at I think you need the woodweb. I do not recall anyone here having a 5axis cnc. There are many owners of 5 axis machines on the woodweb or other industrial sites.

CMS makes exceptional equipment and are well known for their expertise in 5 axis machines and applications. They are an Italian company, high end.

I talked to the owners today. They have 2 of them for sale. They were previously used for alloy wheel pattern making. I will have some pics after tomorrow and will know a bit more. Thanks for the correction about country of origin. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Just a quick update. I had a look at both routers but won't be going ahead with the purchase. They have been moved interstate three times since they were decommissioned and a few critical parts are lost/missing. The smaller one had about 5 degrees of backlash in the B axis. The larger one was more complete and in good order but they had reconsidered their price and it was not worth the risk. It's machining envelope was actually 6 metres x 1.3metres x 1 metre. No meaningful pictures as they were covered in that much junk I had trouble inspecting them. Ah, well, if a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is... Cheers