Hi everyone, I have decided that I could use a drum sander in my shop. I have done a lot of researching and watched countless youtube videos and I have cut it down to a few models. I had pretty much decided on a Supermax 19-38 or 25x2 and then I saw the jet ( which hadn't been on my radar because a lot of reviews said that Supermax was better in fit and finish than comparable Jet models) on a youtube video and I thought " that looks like a pretty neat idea". But, I haven't been able to find many reviews on it and I am curious as to why that might be. Too expensive compared to similar sized non oscillating drum sanders? Problems with the concept or execution? Can anyone who has used one or owns one give me their honest opinion, good or bad. The Supermax 19-38 seems to be real popular and has many fans, the Supermax 25x2 has more power (220 5hp vs 110 1 3/4hp) so those were the two I was concentrating on and then seeing the Jet in action on the videos threw a wrench into my plans. It was down to open end vs closed end and now there is an oscillating option I am considering. Help me out guys, black friday is coming and I want to be able to jump if there is a sale on the one I decide to buy.
Thanks
Kim