Thread: Garage Door Sealing-Tightening

Talking Garage Door Sealing-Tightening

Just wanted to share something I found on the net with all those who may have the same problem as I had. I have a 10 ft overhead garage
    door in my shop that does not seal tightly and has rattledin the wind enough to set off the burgler alarm. I have also lost a lot of heatand cool because of the gap around the door. The Green Hinge System has addedsprings
    to the hinges and by doing a simple 45 minute change out on6 hinges, I now have a tightly sealed door and no rattle. Amazingtransformation for not
    a lot of money. I thought some of you might have the same issue. Check it out, greenhingesystem.com . Best money and time Ihave spent in many years, Bob
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 11-11-2017 at 6:46 PM. Reason: Activated link

Anyone in Canada selling them? They look like they would help with wind blown snow getting in along with the cold.

A properly installed door does not need those. You can get stop with weather striping to help seal the door

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    A properly installed door does not need those. You can get stop with weather striping to help seal the door
    True. My 8' x 16' OH door faces north & even with a strong north wind, I can't detect any leakage at the seals. I'm sure there is some, but it's pretty minimal.

Ha, looks like solution looking for a problem to me. But I guess if there is something wrong with your garage door and its not pinching the panels extremely close together like it should then maybe these would solve the problem. I cant see how theyd solve it any better than some new hinges would though.

How much are they trying to get for these hinges?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Blog Entries
    My insulated garage doors are just a few years old, but they appear to have staggered height roller holders and the vertical tracks are installed at a slight angle with the top being farther from the door jamb than the bottom. When the door is closed the face is tight against the door stop weather seal. Almost as soon as the door starts to rise an even gap is created top to bottom so the seal does not drag on the door. The balloon type seal along the bottom seals tightly to the floor. I get no snow infiltration.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I just replaced my two garage doors with insulted door panels, I used to have sheet metal doors that were 40 years old.
    I am in West Texas last week it was 96 degrees outside right now it 21 degrees here in Abilene. 2:35 AM
    my point is after installing the new doors I adjusted the doors so that the doors fit flush with the door jambs and gap seals. According to the manufacture. The key it is the proper spacing of the roller track to make a good seal but not so tight to wear the door edges.
    now I did see an idea to use toggle clamps to press fit the door to the jamb. My issue with that is it is a band aid.
    what if someone opened the door with the toggle clamp in gauged?
    I do have door operators.
    just a thought!