Thread: Hidden/Incognito workshops?

Hidden/Incognito workshops?

Hey Guys,
    Do you guys have a hidden/incognito workshop?
    While I have a small garage workshop, it's not insulated and has stoned rats (my neighbor grows chickens and Marijuana next door).
    Most of my woodworking is done in my bedroom, or apartment, or wherever I was living. Eventually, I'd like to build a relatively discreet workshop in a future house--hopefully something tasteful looking, so my future wife won't mind my wood hobby/obsession.

Any pictures? Suggestions?

My shop is an outbuilding in the back yard, which is surrounded with 8' high fence. I don't know how hidden it is, but unless the machinery is on, nobody would know it was a workshop.

If you make things for your future wife, she won't mind what your shop looks like. Or, more importantly, how much time you spend there.

Blog Entries
    Mine is from all appearances from the street, a garage. I only open the large door when I have to. I have easy access through the gate and side door. Except for one neighbor asking if I "had a jet airplane in there?" referring to the DC I am pretty low key.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    I have a distant relative that lives in a condo in NY. The guy has his whole shop packed into a closet. When he wants to do something, he rolls it all out onto a balcony and works outside. It's a fair weather enterprise but he likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hulbert View Post
    If you make things for your future wife, she won't mind what your shop looks like. Or, more importantly, how much time you spend there.
    On sunday at Burning Amp, I met a dude with honking big speakers covered in a coke bottle green and aqua stone mosaic.
    He told me that he got his wife to do the mosaic so that he could get away with a bigger speaker...