Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Marketing - Vegan Leather, What's Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    I do a lot of leather work.
    I use full grain leather, the vegetable tanned leather that saddles are made from. I love it because like wood it can be waxed and oiled. Like wood it gets a patina, looks better as it ages and proven to last for centuries.

Lately I've seen some products made with "vegan leather" also known as the less popular "fake leather" or plastic!
    What's next "vegan wood products"? It's accurate and could be a clever marketing gimmick.

Anyone seen any other crazy marketing gimmicks lately?
    Lately? Pleather has been around for a while now....

The new hip fad is Kombutcha Leather - Andrew, I'm pretty sure there are a few folks around us making it I was thinking waterproofed kombutcha leather dog booties, that would have to sell to the Portland crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    I believe the Panera Bread claimrefers to all their meat being free from antibiotics.
    Yes, one might think that but the Panera Bread company does not say their "clean food" is free from antibiotics. If you look at their "clean food" definition it sounds warm and fuzzy. I'd prefer reading an ingredient list to trusting Panera to interpret what is good for me.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    The new hip fad is Kombutcha Leather - Andrew, I'm pretty sure there are a few folks around us making it I was thinking waterproofed kombutcha leather dog booties, that would have to sell to the Portland crowd
    Yes, Ryan and when the booties dissolve we can claim" they're meant to automatically recycle back to the Earth". Of course we'll have to charge more for that feature!
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    Lately? Pleather has been around for a while now....

Pity all the poor little noggas that gave up their hide for that bean bag chair.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)