Thread: Peach Tree Cast Iron Router Table Ext & Supreme Fence For Table Saw - Recommendations

Peach Tree Cast Iron Router Table Ext & Supreme Fence For Table Saw - Recommendations

I am looking at a new table saw to replace my old Delta Unisaw. I would like something with a riving knife and better dust collection. I am leaning toward a Grizzly 0691. I looked at the Jet's but the table is deeper at 29" than the standard table (27") and I want to be able to put my router table on the table saw to save space in my 12x20 shop. Leaning towards cast iron extension.

Jet makes a table extension for the router but it is not cast iron.

Looking around I am liking the Peach Tree Cast Iron Router Wing with Supreme Fence. Any one have experience with this router table wing for the table saw? What about the supreme fence?

Are there other better choices in Cast Iron Router Wings?

And/or fences that fit on a Cast Iron Router Wing?

thanks

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I have the Benchdog wing extension. I can't say it's any better than the Peachtree. The Peachtree is better priced and looks like it has a better fence.
    Go for it!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Yes. I noted that the Peachtree is the cheaper also. I was a bit surprised by that actually.

I have a Peachtree cast iron wing on my TS. It is flat and very nicely machined, and installed w/o incident. Machine screws were included in the kit, too, for bolting the wing to different manufacturers TS's. I was happily surprised.

One annoying issue I'm having with it is that the set screws that lift the insert up flush with the surface of the wing like to move during use and then the work piece starts to catch against the cast iron. I can't remember if I tried adding some Loctite to them or not, but I'll definitely have to because it's really annoying.

Can't comment about the Supreme Fence, however, I'm using my shop built one.

John

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    John, in lieu of loctite try removing the set screw and giving it a light rap with a hammer to slightly flatten the threads. It will create enough drag to stop the creeping.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino