Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storing Bandsaw Blades

A cabinet with vertical dividers - 1/4" panels set an inch or 2 apart with scoop on the leading edge. I don't think a folded blade will deform sitting on edge. If that is a concern space 1/2" thick panels further apart and set the blade(s) on hooks mounted to the panels. All will be behind a closed door, with maybe an open shelf or drawer under the blade shelf for accessories.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I’d focus that OCD energy on something more productive. My vote: coil them up so they’re smaller and put them behind something, such a small your bandsaw. Making a drawer for each blade sounds like way to much work for something that hangs perfectly on a nail.

I hang mine on a nail. In a rafter in the ceiling. In my shed...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    So, this guy moved his blades from a handy nail on the wall to a drawer that he can't reach without a step stool. He solved a problem that didn't exist, with a solution that makes things worse. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    So, this guy moved his blades from a handy nail on the wall to a drawer that he can't reach without a step stool. He solved a problem that didn't exist, with a solution that makes things worse. Brilliant!
    I liked his folding hinge design..
    Mine hang on a hook, and I'm pretty OCD.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Oh, I'm at least borderline OCD myself. It manifests itself, especially, in saving steps. I'm an old guy, tending toward laziness.

I worked out that if I converted from being messy and became OCD I could find things and save myself a heap of time.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

My coiled bandsaw blades are sprung between the studs in the wall of my shop. No need for hangars or anything complicated.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    So if he was taller would that change your opinion of his solution?

Here's the caddy I made for the back of my Felder. I hang my folded blades there:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I leave mine uncoiled and hanging on a wall. The spring energy and chance of injury when coiling a 10'+ long blade that is 3/4" wide makes me nervous. No fun getting hit by one that unexpectedly uncoils or slips from the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Ramsey View Post
    Here's the caddy I made for the back of my Felder. I hang my folded blades there:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now that is clever and I like clever.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I built a storage box for my saw blades when I had a 14" saw. I built a similar one for sand paper storage.
    box.jpg