Thread: Integrating the mounting frame

Integrating the mounting frame

In Europe, rather than being dimensional, "high-end" signs are usually flat, but may have very intricate mounting brackets. I quite like this, but I still like the "dimension". I've long wanted to merge the two styles to see what I could come up with, & finally, an opportunity arose.
    I've designed this "commemorative" sign to be integral with it's mounting brackets, & the scrollwork. No part of this is just "ornamental" ..... everything has a structural purpose, but I think I've created something that the ironwork & the sign are of equal "weight" & equal "artistic value". BTW, my customer is very pleased with this, however, I'd love some "constructive criticism" if you feel so inclined.
    Believe it or not, this is for a trailer park ......honestly, the nicest trailer park I've ever laid eyes on. Notwithstanding some trailers being close to 50 years old, none is in disrepair, & the place is unbelievably tidy, with the street sign all being mounted on brackets with similar scrolls to the signs.
    Please note that I didn't give my blacksmith very good drawings - I wanted the post caps to be the same height, but that's my fault, not his .....
    Attached Images Attached Images