Thread: Fuji pressure pot

Fuji pressure pot

I finally decided that it would be worth investing in a pressure pot for my fuji 4 stage system. For the last 2 years 75% of my customers have wanted white finish and my go to is BM simply white so first off I think I'm pretty safe using the pressure pot for that finish.

The main reason I went for it is to get rid of the gravity cup that is always in the way when im spraying cabinet interiors and being able to tilt the gun to spray straight up.

The pressure pot showed up yesterday with just a parts diagram and assembly instructions but no operating instructions. I haven't been able to find much online either.

If any of you guys that have one of these have any tips or tricks you can share I would appreciate it. I haven't tried it out yet.

Thanks

I have a Fuji, and a pressure pot, but not a Fuji pressure pot. I would expect most work the same way. I am by no means an expert, and have bambuzzled my way through it so your mileage may vary.

i pressurize my pot from my air compressor. My pot has one regulator, but I added a second as it helped keep the flow consistent. I think when I spray water based lacquer I dial the pressure down to 8 pounds. The first gauge is set at 40 and the one on the pot at 8. The output tube goes to where you would normally hook up an attached 1 qt pot.

if you do use compressed air like I do, I would recommend some type of air dryer to remove moisture. I bought an in-line desiccant from the big box stores.

The pressure at the pot can have more of an effect than opening the needle on the gun so tread lightly.

hopefully, you bought a good quality pot. My first was a harbor freight two quart, and although it did ok, it quickly corroded as I did not clean it as quickly as I should. I since upgraded to a better pot, but I am still not happy with the line from the pot to the gun as it is a little on the stiff side. Good quality hoses make it much more pleasant.

I personally have found it a pleasant experience to use a pot on larger projects. Every so often I think about upgrading to a pot system that uses liners, but as of yet I have been to cheap to pull the trigger.

good luck and post some pictures!

Thanks for the response Travis. The unit I bought is made by fuji and i assume is designed to work with the turbine and not a separate compressor at least I would hope so considering it was $250 for a 2qt.

I was assuming based on the way it was advertised by the company and the limited info I could find that all I need to do is hook up the gun, hoses and pot the way it is specified on the diagram and i guess right to the turbine. I should probably call the company tomorrow and see if someone there can confirm all the details.

I looked it up, and based on the picture I think you are right. The air line runs through the pot and you have a separate line for fluid. Looks pretty straight forward from the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Stewart View Post
    Thanks for the response Travis. The unit I bought is made by fuji and i assume is designed to work with the turbine and not a separate compressor at least I would hope so considering it was $250 for a 2qt.

I was assuming based on the way it was advertised by the company and the limited info I could find that all I need to do is hook up the gun, hoses and pot the way it is specified on the diagram and i guess right to the turbine. I should probably call the company tomorrow and see if someone there can confirm all the details.
    Evan, the 4 stage Fuji has enough power to run the pot without any additional source (such as compressor). I've never used one but over on You Tube there are examples from other manufacturers on how to set up a pressure pot such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mer8DusFfhY

Great! Thanks Andy. The pot on the video looks about the same as the fuji. I guess the only other answer I need is regarding cleaning/ storage. I have heard people say it's fine to store paint in the pot and others say it should be cleaned everytime. Obviously I have to clean the gun and the fluid hose after each use, but does the pot need to be emptied and cleaned after each use?

Great! Thanks Andy. The pot on the video looks about the same as the fuji. I guess the only other answer I need is regarding cleaning/ storage. I have heard people say it's fine to store paint in the pot and others say it should be cleaned everytime. Obviously I have to clean the gun and the fluid hose after each use, but does the pot need to be emptied and cleaned after each use?
    I believe John TenEyck uses a pressure pot with his compressor set up so he may know - might be worth sending him a PM

Clean the pot every time as well. Improper of cleaning is the only thing that commonly causes problems with pressure pots. I have used them in the shop for years and had to re-educate a few painters about this. However we have just changed over to diaphragm pumps instead. Heaps easier cleaning. The pressure pots are now gathering dust. Cheers

Thanks for the info guys. I used it yesterday and it is awesome!! Wish I had bought it with the system. I wish i had chose the siphon gun instead of the gravity feed when I bought the system but it's still a vast improvement.

I wish i had chose the siphon gun instead of the gravity feed when I bought the system but it's still a vast improvement.
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm considering buying this PP and I also have the gravity fed gun (both of the ones Fuji makes, actually). Is it a pain in the butt to use the pressure pot with the gravity gun? I'm considering buying a third (this whole system is about to cost me an arm and a leg at this point) bottom feed gun for use with the PP. Do you think its worth the $320+ investment or is it ok with the gravity fed guns?

Also, which gun specifically do you have, the GXPC or the T75? Any other input you could give about this setup would be greatly appreciated, especially after using it now for 2 years.

Get a bottom feed gun, not a gravity feed. Also, get a pressure feed version not the suction version. It makes a difference to how resistant the tip is to dripping. Cheers